Meeting Topic: CRAS AES Production Team Meeting
Moderator Name: Morgan Smitherman - Contact Vendors Alexander Crutchfield - Internships - Internship Co-ordinator Garrett Turner - Event Ideas - AES Newsletter Isaac Upcraft - Future Events - Filler Inner
Meeting Location: Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences 1205 N. Fiesta Blvd Gilbert Az
1) Updates to future events:
STUDIO 5-13 tour! Thursday May 4th 8pm. I have emailed the group that will be attending. If you did not get chosen this round don't you worry! We will be looking for more opportunities like this one in the near future.
DPA Microphones will be hosting an AES event on Monday May 8th at 7:30pm in the Gilbert Live Sound Room.
- The event will focus on the different types of microphones that DPA has to offer!
- They will be demonstrating proximity effect, transient response and different techniques for miking instruments and bands.
- They will also be discussing miking up a voice for theater and broadcast by demonstrating various microphone positions placed around a human
- This event is open for all students to attend! So invite your fellow classmates along if they haven't heard about the event!
We will also need to get a few student musicians together for this event. Bass, guitar, vocals and drums if possible. I'll be working on this as well.
DPA MICROPHONES EVENT WILL BE REPLACING AES WEEKLY MEETING FOR THIS WEEK
Possible Re-amp clinic with Jeff Harris
-$32 each - 25 kits no date yet.
We have a list started! We will circulate this around every meeting until we get enough people in on the project.
2) Internship Opportunities/ Michael Nitro gigs:
Jeff Thomas is looking for help in future weekends to build out this studio! He is able to sign internship hours. Please let us know through this email. =D
Friday, May 5th - Hideaway, 6746 E Cave Creek Rd, Cave Creek, AZ 85331
Load In - 5:15pm, Gig Time 6-10, Michael Nitro Acoustic.
Interns Needed = 1-2
Saturday, May 6th - Roadhouse, 6900 E Cave Creek Rd, Cave Creek, AZ 85331
Load In - 6:00pm, Gig Time 9pm-1am, Michael Nitro Band
Interns Needed = 3-4
Written By: CRAS AES Secretary - Garrett T.