Meeting Topic: Reorganizing the Southern Florida Chapter
Moderator Name: Anthony Schultz, Rob Roy
Other business or activities at the meeting:
Reorganization of chapter committee and election of positions.
Meeting Topics Discussed:
• Monthly meeting.
• Meeting needs to be at least every other month.
• No email for meeting discussion only for date and time of meeting.
• Bigger committee/community. Veterans and Newbies in the audio world.
• Reach out to people who cant be really involved but at minimum advise.
• Non-Officer in charge of mailing list. (Has to be listed as a committee member.)
• Network Night (showcase studios, schools etc.)
• Reach out to other studios to participate or host an AES Event
• Location consistency (To be divided by 3 counties for chapter)
• Notification in advance so members can make it. 3 emails — 1 week -- 1 or 2 days
• Get as many emails as possible.
• $500 in seed for events/etc. (Sponsorships frees up)
• Southern Florida chapter of the Audio Engineering Society.
• Work under AES Umbrella.
• All paperwork was emailed regarding opening the account.
• Expenses > meeting expenses, web expenses etc.
• Can NOT pay speakers (only exception distinguish speaker fund) actual form and only once a year. Spend money, submit receipts.
• We can pay travel expenses for 1 guest a year (find sponsors to pay cost)
• Have a committee member in charge of marketing, and promotion etc.
• Secretary can send email blasts to send notifications of events.
• Satellite locations are options for gatherings.
• Committee members agree to have a social meeting (Skype, Hangouts)
Meeting Location: Power Station Studios, Pompano Beach, FL USA
Motion Made by Rob Roy to reorganize the committee to better serve and build the chapter. The motion was seconded by Colby Leider and unanimously agreed.
Roberto Toledo indicated that he had the time and drive to lead the chapter in its efforts to build. Rob made a motion to step down as Co-Chair and made motion to elect Roberto as the new Chair for the chapter.
The motion was seconded and unanimously agreed by the committee.
The following members were elected to serve as the new committee for the Southern Florida AES:
New AES Committee:
Chair — Roberto Toledo
Vice Chair — Dave MacLaughlin
Treasurer — Dustin Breeden
Secretary — Cush Arrue
Member(s) at large - Rob Roy, Colby Leider, Abraham Oleksnianski & Angelo Carreta
Other topics discussed:
The Breakdown of South Florida AES Chapter by county:
New World Symphony — Dade
Broward - TBD
Golf of Palm Beach — Palm Beach County
Old Topics: None
Written By: Cush Arrue