Around the Puget Sound
Please be certain to refresh your browser's view of this page.
Grinding Your Own Axe
It seemed like it would be a useful service if this part
of the website were bidirectional. That is, the ability to list persons seeking employment as well as employers seeking employees.
Effective immediately, AES PNW will accept postings from persons seeking employment. See the instruction posting link.
Posting Instructions (people looking as well as companies looking to post)
Posted October 22, 2019
Who? Greenbusch Group
What? Audio/Video Designer
The Greenbusch Group is an established 30-year old Audio/Video, Acoustics, and Mechanical Engineering
consultancy based in Seattle, WA. Project types include Education, Corporate, Civic, and Transportation
facilities throughout the US, with most projects focussed in the Pacific Northwest. Please visit our
We are seeking a Designer to join our Audio/Video Design team. The position will be based in Seattle, and
is available immediately. This is a permanent-full-time position.
Refer to our job requirement, at the following link:
There are other positions listed at their web page.
Posted October 9, 2019
What? Senior Hardware Engineer
Where? Mountlake Terrace
Work in concert with Symetrix engineering group as well as outsources to continuously deliver innovative audio hardware and embedded
software of the highest caliber to expand and improve the Symetrix product line.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering and Technology.
- Analog and digital electronic circuit design & integration
- Hardware bring-up and verification
- Linux development in embedded devices including device drivers and system configuration
- Component selection including microprocessors, switching power supplies, human interface controls and professional quality audio circuitry
- Network interface design and programming
- Embedded systems and firmware development in C/C++
- Strong debugging and trouble-shooting skills
PDF Job Description and contact info
Posted July 10, 2019
What? Senior Design Engineer
Where? Mountlake Terrace
- Work as part of the engineering team to define the scope and requirements of distinctive new products
for a variety of channels and markets with a focus on 'Making Good Sound Great'.
- Deliver product development goals of highest quality, innovative features, on time delivery and profitability for
new products, product upgrades and updates.
- As part of AudioControl's innovative engineering team, identify and implement new technologies that meet
AudioControl's product strategy as well as identifying trends in engineering that can help AudioControl gain competitive
advantage in the market, improve our existing and new products and reduce product costs.
- Help introduce best practices in engineering design documentation, manufacturing, and operations ensuring that products
meet the high standards of engineering and manufacturing that AudioControl is known for in its markets, ensuring the
quality and integrity of the product design and build is maintained from conception through manufacturing to the many
years of trouble-free use by our customers.
- Actively design, engineer and manage your own set of engineering projects, taking the lead on engineering design and
delivery to ensure we meet our product roadmap goals and innovate for future growth.
- Design audio processors, power amplifiers (Class-D as well as AB, G & H desired) and other products, including analog
and digital circuitry. Tasks include: mechanical design, circuit simulation, embedded code writing, schematic capture,
PCB layout review, writing work instructions and assembly documentation, and supporting initial manufacturing.
- Design to meet overall product requirements, document designs, and verification methods and results. Design for, and resolve
issues arising with, thermal, EMC and agency requirements. Make significant contributions to feasibility and cost studies,
project planning, verification plans, design specifications and design reviews.
- Assist with product definition, manufacturing introduction support, validation testing, and ongoing sustaining engineering.
Actively participate in peer reviews of designs, materials, and procedures.
Job Postings From Other AES Sections
Jobs board at AES HQ (AES membership required) Los Angeles Section San Francisco Section
Other AES sections may have job postings. Search for their websites via the AES HQ website. You can also find job listings in the Journal (JAES), and in most of the audio trade magazines such as Mix, ProSound News, Sound & Communications, etc.
Posting Instructions: Job Reqs
If you want your job listing to appear here, then please submit it via
If you use this service, and you fill the position, please let us know so we can take your listing down.
If you are an employer and have a position that our someone in our reader group might be able to fill, please submit it via
If the position is filled, please let us know so we can remove the listing. Listings come down automatically in 2 months, unless you ask for more time.
Listings removed without notice after 60 days. Additional time may be requested.
If you fill the position, please let us know.
Your request for posting your job req
include the following information:
- Who is the employer? If you're a contract house or headhunter, then state that.
- Is the position full time, part time, contract, freelance, other?
- What tools/equipment are expected to be supplied by the person being hired?
- If this is a contract or freelance job, is there any liability insurance or workmans comp provided?
- If not full time, what are the expected hours of employment?
- If a contract position, what is the duration of the contract?
If you are job hunting and wish to announce your availability, you may do so here at no charge. There are a few caveats and conditions:
- To use this service, you must be an AES member. Membership needs to have its perks, this is one of them.
- Post only as much contact information as you are comfortable about giving out. Remember that this site is public, and spammers
and other bad guys see it too. Consider getting a gmail address or something similar.
- In the interest of saving space, please keep your listing short and concise. Provide a link to a website if you want.
- Your listing is an ad, so it should tell someone who might want to hire you enough about you to make them want to contact you.
- Listings come down automatically in 4 months, unless you ask for more time.
To request a listing, contact
We (AES PNW Section) provide this service in the spirit of providing a bulletin board in a public space. Aside from posting what
people send us to post, we do not perform any verification of the information supplied. That is part of the due-dilligence performed
by either party during the hiring/search process. There are no warranties of any sort granted or implied.
PNW Home AES Home
Last modified 10/23/2019.