Note: Directions have changed (Nov 2010) to account for usually heavy rush-hour traffic on 148th Ave NE.
Take I5 to SR520 eastbound.
Take the 148th Ave NE exit (northbound), at the top of the ramp continue onto 148th Ave NE going northbound. Turn right at NE 36th Street. Take the first driveway on the left.
From I405 Corridor
Take I405 to SR520 eastbound
Take the 148th Ave NE exit (northbound), then proceed North on 148th Ave NE. Turn Right at NE 36th Street. Take the first driveway on the left.
Once you arrive
Parking in the structure to the right of Building 99 is free. Building 99 is located to the left of the parking structure.
Microsoft Research website
SR520 Bridge Toll
The SR520 floating bridge now is a toll bridge.
Here is WSDOT's site:
- The good news is that people don't like the toll, so they take the I90 bridge, or drive around to avoid the SR520 toll. This means far less traffic on the bridge at all times.
- The toll varies according to the time of day. Naturally, it's more expensive at rush hour.
- If you have established an account with the WSDOT, then your account will be dinged when you cross the bridge.
- If you have an account, but don't have the RFID transponder, then your crossing costs another $0.25.
- If you don't have an account, and you cross the bridge, WSDOT photographs your license plate and they
mail you a bill for the crossing. This option costs $2.00 additional beyond the toll.
Always check the
WSDOT traffic web
to see which routes are hosed. I5 through downtown is no fun during rush hour, but I405 through Bellevue is also no fun.
Going to Microsoft, you'll be exiting partway through downtown Bellevue onto SR520, so perhaps it's best to grit your teeth and gut your way though it.
If you don't mind surface streets, then consider taking 148th Ave from I90 to the MSFT Campus, or just let your GPS do the heavy lifting.