- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- Networks - High-performance streaming audio-over-IP interoperability; AES67-xxxx DRAFT REVISION proposed for comment
- Universal jack for 6,35 mm plugs; AES-14id-2010 proposed for reaffirmation
- Measurement of digital audio equipment; AES17 draft revision proposed for comment
- Spatial acoustic data file format; AES69-2015 published
AES Press Release: AES San Francisco 2010
129th AES Convention Presents Renowned Author Ralph Morrison
For Release: October 20, 2010
Two-Part Seminar On Grounding, Shielding, Emissions, & PCB Layout
SAN FRANCISCO: The Audio Engineering Society has announced that Ralph Morrison, author of the classic book “Ground and Shielding – Circuits and Interference,” will give two seminars on November 6, 2010 at the AES 129th Convention in SF’s Moscone Center. Author of numerous books on noise, grounding and shielding, electromagnetism, interference, emissions, and related topics spanning back to 1967, Morrison is a world-master and highly- respected consultant/speaker on these subjects.
The Morrison events will help audio equipment designers unravel the mysteries of noise and high-performance,” stated Product Design Track Chairman, Bob Moses. “When I began developing the program, I made a short list of critical subjects and the foremost leaders in those areas. Noise and interference are major issues for all designers. Ralph Morrison’s classic textbook on the subject, originally published in 1967, is indispensable. I was very pleased when he agreed to give us a full day of his time, and I expect everyone who attends to walk away wiser and inspired by his depth of knowledge.”
Morrison will present two seminars on Sat. Nov. 6. Session 1 (9AM –11:00AM) will cover signal and power transport, facility design, interference, and shielding as applied to analog circuits and radiating structures. Session 2 (2:30 – 4:30PM) will delve deeper into transmission lines, impedance control and matching, ground and power planes, power supply decoupling and filtering; analog and digital circuits, balanced digital lines, common-mode rejection, and PCB layout.
The AES 129th Convention Audio Product Design Track features 20 events ranging from iPhone™ Audio App Development to High-Performance microphone preamplifier design. “The AES show is important for audio professionals in all fields, and especially product developers who must be cognizant of emerging technology,” said AES Executive Director Roger Furness. “Hundreds of events covering subjects spanning recording engineering, acoustic design, electronics and software development, will provide attendees with a comprehensive overview of professional audio. Continued strong attendance attests to the importance of this show.”
The Audio Product Track is sponsored by THAT Corporation, a semiconductor manufacturer specializing in integrated circuits for professional audio. A Preliminary Calendar of events including comprehensive abstracts of these events is posted at: http://www.aes.org/events/129/
Photo: Author, lecturer, Grounding & Shielding expert Ralph Morrison