- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
- AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
- Successful Technical Program and Exhibition draw high attendance and positive response from attendees and exhibitors alike
AES Press Release: AES San Francisco 2010
129th AES Convention Graham Blyth Command Performance
For Release: October 18, 2010
A Very Special Event
SAN FRANCISCO: Christopher Smith, Special Events Chair of the 129th AES Convention has announced that celebrated organist Graham Blyth will perform a solo recital at SF’s Cathedral of St. Mary of the Assumption on Saturday November 6, 8:00 – 9:00pm.
A perennial AES Convention highlight for 17 years, Blyth will perform on the famed Ruffatti Organ. Considered one of the world’s finest pipe organs, the magnificent instrument consists of 4842 pipes on 89 ranks and 69 stops. Rising dramatically from its’ soaring pedestal platform, it was built in 1971 by Fratelli Ruffatti of Padua, Italy. Designed with the Baroque repertoire in mind, it is considered as much a work of art as the music it produces.
The first half of Blyth’s recital will reflect an emphasis on J.S. Bach. closing with the Fantasia & Fugue on B.A.C.H by Liszt. The second half will feature music by a number of Parisian organist-composers including: Langlais, Bonnal, Pierné, Guilmant and Saint-Saëns
Located at the top of Cathedral Hill with a panoramic view of the city, The Cathedral of St. Mary is just minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge; downtown Financial District; Twin Peaks and the Marina.
The 129th AES Convention will be held at San Francisco’s Moscone Center November 4 – 7, 2010. A Preliminary Calendar of events including comprehensive abstracts on Special Events is posted at: http://www.aes.org/events/129/
Photo: Graham Blyth will perform at the 129th AES Convention on Saturday, Nov. 6.
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org