- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
AES Press Release: AES Amsterdam 2008
Special Event with Geoff Emerick: Sgt. Pepper Remake
For Release: April 22, 2008
Fortieth Anniversary of Sgt. Pepper
Amsterdam, April 2008: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, the legendary recording by the Beatles, is one of the milestones in pop music recording. To mark the 40th Anniversary of its first release, the BBC commissioned Geoff Emerick, the EMI engineer on the original recording, to re-record the entire album – with contemporary musicians but using the original vintage equipment.
The AES is proud to offer this unique production as a Special Event during the 124th Pro Audio Expo & Convention in Amsterdam. Geoff Emerick himself will present the Making-Of film of the remake for BBC TV and will be available for questions.
“When Sgt. Pepper was released, the AES was in its twentieth year. What a nice coincidence to celebrate the fortieth and sixtieth anniversary of them together,” remarked Roger Furness, executive director of the AES. “We also want to thank APRS which is also celebrating its sixtieth jubilee, to organize this Special Event for our AES Convention,” he added.
Geoff Emerick began as an assistant engineer at EMI’s legendary Abbey Road Studios and was present as a Tape Op’ when a new band called “The Beatles” recorded their first songs at the Studios. Over the next few years, he would witness the transformation of this young group into international superstars. Geoff became the Beatles Chief Engineer, he pioneered distinctive sound and recording techniques for the band.
The Special Event will take place on Sunday 11:00 to 12:30 in Room L. Please be aware that this will be one of the most popular sessions in the program so come early to ensure that you can join this exceptional presentation!
More details of this event and about the full program are available on the AES website. Please visit www.aes.org and click on 124th Convention to display the program information, for hotel booking and for pre-registration.
More press information about the AES Pro Audio Expo & Convention in Amsterdam
is available on the AES press web site :
European AES Press Relations
Phone: +49 221 940 43 72