- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- Open Control Architecture - Part 3: Protocol for TCP/IP Networks; AES70-3-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Open Control Architecture - Part 2: Class structure; AES70-2-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Open Control Architecture - Part 1: Framework; AES70-1-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Audio-over-IP network interoperability; AES67 revision published
AES Press Release: AES New York 2009
127th AES Convention Tackles Seismic Issues Facing Today's Producer/Engineers
For Release: October 2, 2009
Mark Ronson, Tony Visconti, Bob Power & Carter Matschullat Join Reality Check
NEW YORK: An all-star producers panel will address the unprecedented challenges posed by today’s roiling music industry at next week’s 127th AES Convention.
Budgets have shrunk, retail is on life support, studios are evaporating, audiences are taking music at will … And yet resolute professionals continue to make records for a living. How are they doing it? How are they getting paid? In a world where the CD has become an artists’ ‘business card,’ how will producers and mixers derive participatory income? Are studio professionals being left out of the so-called 360 deals?
Friday, October 9, 5:00PM - 7:00PM
Producing Across Generations: New Challenges, New Solutions—Making Records for Next to Nothing in the 21st Century: Moderated by independent producer/mixer Nicholas Sansano (NYU) and indie producer/engineer Jesse Lauter (James Blood Ulmer, Smokey Hormel) – This panel joins a group of rising young producers and seasoned vets in a freewheeling discussion about empowerment and controlling their own destiny.
Mark Ronson (Ghostface Killah, Kanye West, Bob Dylan); Tony Visconti (David Bowie, Moody Blues, T. Rex); Bob Power (Erykah Badu, Macy Gray, The Roots) and Carter Matschullat (Mason Proper, Bad Veins, Aberdeen City) will dig into the pivotal issues facing industry professionals.
The 127th AES Convention will be held at NY’s Javits Convention Center Oct. 9 – 12, 2009. For a comprehensive Calendar of Events click on: http://www.aes.org/events/127/calendar/calendar.cfm
Photo: AES panel participant, Mark Ronson
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org