- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
AES Press Release
AES Adds Apple Association Member Purchase Program To U.S. Member Benefits
For Release: August 27, 2009
NEW YORK: Because so many audio professionals use Apple products in their everyday work, the Audio Engineering Society has launched a pilot initiative in conjunction with the Apple Association Member Purchase Program. AES President Jim Anderson reports that an agreement has been reached to provide U.S. AES members with special savings on the latest Apple products and accessories. “We are exploring the possibility of expanding the program to other territories as well,” Anderson said.
AES U.S. Members visiting the Apple Store link at www.aes.org will find a number of exclusive options including:
- Special member pricing on Apple and third-party products
- Exclusive promotions
- Complimentary shipping on all orders over $50
- Free engraving on all new iPod models
- Mac customization
- Flexible business financing options
“The AES is continually seeking new ways to benefit our members,” Anderson said. “When Apple approached us with an opportunity to provide special pricing on software and hardware from one of the most ubiquitous tool groups at use in contemporary audio production/post-production we immediately recognized a valuable added service.”
The 127th AES Convention will be held at NY’s Javits Convention Center Oct. 9 – 12, 2009. For up-to-date details about Convention Events, online registration and highly competitive official AES hotel rates visit www.aes.org
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org
Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system, and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and it has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone.