- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- Networks - High-performance streaming audio-over-IP interoperability; AES67-xxxx DRAFT REVISION proposed for comment
- Universal jack for 6,35 mm plugs; AES-14id-2010 proposed for reaffirmation
- Measurement of digital audio equipment; AES17 draft revision proposed for comment
- Spatial acoustic data file format; AES69-2015 published
AES Press Release: AES New York 2009
AES Names Roginska 127th Convention Chair
For Release: May 13, 2009
NEW YORK: AES Executive Director Roger Furness has announced that Agnieszka Roginska, (ag nesh ka ro jinska) has been named Chair of the 127th AES Convention. “A detail-oriented leader with exceptional people skills, Agnieszka combines a rare blend of organizational and motivational capabilities,” Furness remarked. “This enables her to sustain maximum efficiency while simultaneously maintaining a high level of esprit de corps. She is already proving herself a substantial asset to the Committee.”
AES President (and three time Convention Chair) Jim Anderson invited Roginska to serve as Papers Co-Chair for the 123rd AES Convention in 2007. As Chair of NYU’s Clive Davis Department of Recorded Music, Anderson recognized her potential through her role as Associate Director of Music Technology at NYU’s Steinhardt School. “Agnieszka was quick to assume additional responsibilities during her initial Committee experience,” Anderson said. “We are confident she is up to the task of chairing this year’s Convention.”
Discussing the upcoming Convention, Roginska remarked, “I was delighted to find so many previous Committee Chairs anxious to resume their roles this year. With the exception of three new members, Papers Co-Chair Steve Garrett, Live Sound Co-Chair Mac Kerr and Volunteers Chair, Doron Schacter, virtually everyone is a seasoned Committee veteran. David Bialik, is serving his 21st consecutive term as Broadcast Chair. Tutorials & Workshops Chair, Alex Case; Live Sound Co-Chair, Henry Cohen; Historical Chair, Harry Hirsch; Facilities Chair, Michael McCoy; Papers Co-Chair Veronique Larcher; Platinum Chair, Paul Verna, Technical Tours Chair, Lou Manno; and Master Class Chair Alan Silverman, are already fine-tuning their 127th Convention programs.
“We are making every effort to accommodate our new and long-term exhibitors, in the face of the current economic situation,” Roginska concludes. “To that end convention management has initiated a cost-effective series of turnkey booth package options for this year's exhibit floor. We anticipate a strong turnout from our international membership, and we are committed to providing everyone with a successful, informative and memorable experience.”
The 127th AES Convention is scheduled for Oct. 9-12, 2009 at NY’s Javits Center. For additional information please visit http://www.aes.org.
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org