- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- Networks - High-performance streaming audio-over-IP interoperability; AES67-xxxx DRAFT REVISION proposed for comment
- Universal jack for 6,35 mm plugs; AES-14id-2010 proposed for reaffirmation
- Measurement of digital audio equipment; AES17 draft revision proposed for comment
- Spatial acoustic data file format; AES69-2015 published
AES Press Release: AES Munich 2009
126th AES Convention in Munich with Spotlights on Broadcasting and Live Sound
For Release: February 4, 2009
Munich, February 2008: With just over three months to go to the Munich Convention, open from May 7th to 10th, program planning is in full swing. In this location, which ranks among the most popular sites for European AES Conventions, a routined team, with Martin Wöhr as Convention Chairman, is organizing the event: Florian Camerer (ORF) and Ulrike Schwarz (BR) are responsible for planning the extensive Broadcasting, Recording and Sound Design program, Geoff Martin and Günther Theile are organizing the paper and poster sessions while Axel Dehler (BR) is arranging the Technical Tours.
As in previous years, another topic in the spotlight will be Live Sound which has its own seminar program. This will be held on the last two days of the Convention in a large, separate atrium which offers the opportunity to use a large PA system for live demonstrations. The Live Sound Seminar is being organized in co-operation with Sennheiser, Yamaha, D&B, and Neumann & Müller, who will not only be contributing hot topics, but will also provide, install and operate the equipment.
One more feature attraction will be the round-table on mixing consoles. Representatives from mixing console manufacturers as well as sound engineers will discuss the pros and cons of different console user interfaces.
Digital Mixing Consoles with analog User Interfaces - Which paradigm is desirable? is the working title for this event.
Another fascinating round table will be The digital path from microphone to mixing console. This will address the manufacturers of both digital microphones and mixing consoles. Although AES42 standardises the interfacing of digital microphones, there are still a number of open questions about basic parameters such as power supply via phantom power.
“There are many more exciting topics covered in our comprehensive papers, workshops and tutorial program.” explains Roger Furness, executive director of the AES. “With this program and the Pro-Audio exhibits, this AES Convention is simply a must for audio professionals. It stands alone as the one high-level technical event devoted exclusively to audio!”
Please mark the date of the AES Pro Audio Expo & Convention in your calendar and plan your trip to Munich!
The preliminary program of the 126th AES Pro Audio Expo & Convention, as well as many other details, will soon be available on the Audio Engineering Society Website (http://www.aes.org).
More press information about the AES Pro Audio Expo & Convention in Munich will be available on the
AES press web site from mid February onwards:
European AES Press Relations
Phone: +49 221 940 43 72