- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
- AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
- Successful Technical Program and Exhibition draw high attendance and positive response from attendees and exhibitors alike
AES Press Release: AES New York 2013
AES 135th Convention Posts Deadline For Papers Proposals
For Release: May 20, 2013
NEW YORK: AES 135th Convention Committee Papers Co-Chairs, Brett Leonard and Tae Hong Park, have announced an extension of the call to the professional audio community for technical papers proposals. The new deadline is Wednesday, May 29, 2013.
“We have already received a number of strong abstracts and completed papers,” reports Brett Leonard. “We anticipate a particularly strong turnout for this year. And, we want to make sure that our review board has as many options as possible in order to maintain the quality and diversity of our presentations. By reaching out to a wider segment of the professional and educational sectors we hope to add a number of atypical but eminently worthwhile subjects.”
“We recognize the fact that meaningful papers can originate from beyond traditional academia,” states Co-Chair Tae Hong Park. “Our goal is to develop the most stimulating, comprehensive and authoritative Papers Program possible. Points of origin are far less critical than points of fact, theory and originality.”
In addition to sharing knowledge and opening constructive dialogues on issues which impact on the professional audio community, presenting authors will have their Papers included on the CD-ROM of the full Papers / Posters Program, and, student members will be eligible for the Student Paper Award.
Authors may submit proposals in three categories:
1. Complete-manuscript peer-reviewed convention papers: www.aes.org/135th_authors
2. Abstract-precis-reviewed convention papers: www.aes.org/135th_authors
3. Synopsis-reviewed engineering briefs: www.aes.org/135th_ebriefs
Category 1 and 2 proposals must be submitted electronically to the AES 135th proposal submission site at: www.aes.org/135th_authors by May 29, 2013
Category 3 - Engineering Brief authors must supply a short synopsis by Aug. 14, 2013 followed by an electronic manuscript. These manuscripts will be freely available in the AES E-Library to AES members.
The 135th Audio Engineering Society Convention will be held Oct. 17 – 20, 2013 at New York’s Jacob Javits Convention Center.
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org