- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
AES Press Release: AES Amsterdam 2008
Convention starts the 60th Anniversary Year for AES
For Release: February 8, 2008
Starts the 60th Anniversary Year for AES!
Amsterdam, February 2008: The AES turns 60 in March and many things are planned to celebrate this great occasion. Of course, the most public will be the two annual Pro Audio Conventions – this year in Amsterdam and San Francisco. With over three months to go to the Convention in Amsterdam, May 17 – 20, the program planning and the booking of stands in the exhibition is in full swing.
"The Convention team is organizing a program that is broader than ever, addressing topics for newcomers and experienced professionals alike, as well as discussing audio at the cutting edge," explains Roger Furness, executive director of the AES.
One new idea of the last few Conventions was the introduction of spotlighted topics, focusing on important subjects in the pro audio business. This concept is continued this year in an even more refined way. Besides this, the technical program of the 2008 European AES Pro Audio Expo & Convention will be packed with papers, workshops, tutorials and will offer technical tours to the most attractive Amsterdam pro audio locations. The Convention will also feature social events, like the banquet dinner and several others. Roger Furness reminds: "2008 is the AES's 60th year and the Convention in Amsterdam is the first main event in the year where we all can celebrate this!"
However, one main part of an AES Convention is the exhibition which will again be a visitor's magnet. "As in the last year, many exhibitors have been booking really early" said Thierry Bergmans, Exhibition Manager of the European AES-Events, "and my advice is that visitors should also organize their trips to Amsterdam soon. Particularly the hotel rooms close to the congress center tend to be sold out the closer the Convention comes and the cheap flights are around now." Other attractions for the exhibition visitor are the many exhibitor seminars and the full track of application seminars which are both free.
The online pre-registration for the Convention will start in the middle of February. The details for all of these events, the full preliminary program and the list of exhibitors will be published soon on the Audio Engineering Society's website, but Hotel booking can be made now (www.aes.org/events/124). Make your plans to attend soon.
More press information about the AES Pro Audio Expo & Convention in Amsterdam
will be available on the AES press web site from mid of February onwards:
European AES Press Relations
Phone: +49 221 940 43 72