- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
AES Press Release: AES Rome 2013
ImmersAV Jazz Concert - A Very Special 134th AES Convention Event In Rome
For Release: April 29, 2013
ROME: At 20:00 hrs on Monday evening, May 6, the 134th AES Convention will host a very special event. The ImmersAV Jazz Concert featuring The Greg Burk Trio will be performed at the Saint Louis College of Music. As a unique aspect of the concert, Robert Schulein, president and owner of RBS Consultants, an international acoustical consulting firm, will be making a combined binaural and HD video recording for downloading from the AES web site following the convention.
The audio/video recordings will be formatted for both headphone and loudspeaker listening (via cross talk cancellation), for subsequent viewing by AES members. This will allow attendees an opportunity to attend the event live and to recreate the experience later by means of a surround audio with video recording process compatible with today’s consumer viewer/listening technology.
About Greg Burk:
Pianist/composer/educator Greg Burk has lived, studied, educated and performed around the world. Over the last decade, living and working in Detroit, Boston and now Rome, he has established himself not only as a vital sideman, but also as a leader with the rare ability to combine original compositions with memorable melodies and a desire to push the creative envelope as an improviser.
About the Saint Louis College of Music:
Since 1976, the Saint Louis College of Music has been one of the most popular musical education institutions with excellence on a European scale. The college teaches more than 1,800 students each year from all over the country. It has a professional teaching staff of over 120 teachers, nationally known, and directed by Maestro Stefano Mastruzzi.
The 134th AES Convention will be held May 4–7 at Rome’s Fontana di Trevi Conference Centre. For details visit the Preliminary Events Calendar at: http://www.aes.org/events/134/calendar/calendar.cfm
Photo: The Greg Burk Trio will perform at Rome’s Saint Louis College of Music for the 134th AES Convention on May 6th.
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org