- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
AES Press Release: AES San Francisco 2012
Multi-Platinum Engineer Young Guru Profiled In AES Convention Doc
For Release: February 13, 2013
Multi-Platinum engineer/producer Young Guru was highly visible at the recent 133rd AES Convention in San Francisco. In addition to participating in the SRO Platinum Producers/Engineers Panel with super hit makers Jack Douglas (John Lennon, Guns N’ Roses) and Narada Michael Walden (Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston), he also made an impressive presentation at the Convention’s highly successful Project Studio Expo.
A prolific producer/engineer/A&R wizard, Young Guru has amassed credits for more than a dozen Platinum hip hop classics including Jay-Z’s The Black Album, Life & Times of S. Carter, and The Blueprint; Kanye West’s The College Dropout; Ghostface Killah’s FishScale; Nellyville, Drake’s Thank Me Later and Beyonce’s Crazy In Love. In 2011 he was a Grammy nominee for his work on the Alicia Keys/Jay-Z Empire State of Mind smash hit.
A highlight clip of Young Guru’s AES Convention experience may be viewed here:
With over a decade of Grammy-winning projects for Roc-A-Fella and Def Jam Recordings, Young Guru is committed to sharing his knowledge, and experience. He lectures extensively, and has established the Young Guru Scholarship Fund for students pursuing careers in Communications, Audio Engineering, Music Education and Music Business.
Photo: Young Guru at 133rd AES Convention
About Young Guru Revered as “The Sound of New York,” Young Guru has over a decade of experience in sound engineering, production, and A&R for the acclaimed Roc-A-Fella Records and Def Jam Recordings. Most recognized for shaping some of the biggest talent in hip hop, he has mixed 10 of Jay-Z’s 11 albums, and officially became Jay-Z’s tour DJ in 2010. For more information on Young Guru visit: www.djyoungguru.com
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org