- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- Networks - High-performance streaming audio-over-IP interoperability; AES67-xxxx DRAFT REVISION proposed for comment
- Universal jack for 6,35 mm plugs; AES-14id-2010 proposed for reaffirmation
- Measurement of digital audio equipment; AES17 draft revision proposed for comment
- Spatial acoustic data file format; AES69-2015 published
AES Press Release: AES San Francisco 2012
"Wrecking Crew" Documentary Highlights 133rd AES Convention Special Events
For Release: August 6, 2012
SAN FRANCISCO: With more Gold and Platinum credits than The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Elvis and Elton combined, “The Wrecking Crew,” is the most storied, yet anonymous group in recording history. Session players behind hit records for superstars ranging from The Beach Boys to Sinatra, Jan & Dean, The Mamas & The Papas, Simon & Garfunkel, The Byrds… And ‘The King himself,’ this mythic amalgam of obscure artists is now the subject of an almost impossible to find documentary. AES Convention Special Events Chair, Christopher Smith, has coordinated a rare screening of this elusive film for the 133rd AES Convention, which will be held in SF’s Moscone Center October 26-29.
“Although gargantuan music licensing fees temporarily preclude wide distribution for ‘The Wrecking Crew,’ numerous international Film Festival screenings have created a compelling ‘must see this’ buzz for it,” explains AES Convention Committee Co-Chair Jim McTigue. “We are extremely fortunate to have arranged a special screening for our 133rd Convention attendees. In fact, we may want to add a word to our ‘Listen… Learn… Connect…’ AES mandate. I suggest ‘Enjoy…’”
Produced and directed by Denny Tedesco, son of legendary, late Wrecking Crew guitarist Tommy Tedesco, the film features interviews with Brian Wilson, Cher, Roger McGuinn, and many Wrecking Crew members, including Glen Campbell, a durable superstar, in his own right. Christopher Smith reports that Tedesco will hold a Q&A (with special guests) following the screening.
Also highlighting the 133rd AES Convention Special Events Program is:
GRAHAM BLYTH ORGAN CONCERT: On Friday, Oct. 29th from 8:00 until 9:00PM, SF’s historic, 160-year-old St. Marks Church will provide the indelible acoustic setting for a performance by perennial AES Convention favorite, Graham Blyth. An internationally recognized Organist and accomplished professional audio equipment designer, Blyth has performed at AES Conventions around the world since 1993.
1. Beach Boy Brian Wilson with Wrecking Crew drummer Hal Blaine
2. Wrecking Crew guitarists Tommy Tedesco and Carol Kay
3. Wrecking Crew Documentary Logo
NOTE: Press registration is now open for the 133rd Convention. Please visit: http://www.aes.org/events/133/press/registration/
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org