- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
- Binaural Listening Trends Tracked at 140th International Audio Engineering Society Convention
- An ever-expanding aspect of present-day audio
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
AES Press Release: AES New York 2011
Ben Folds, Up For AES Convention Conversation
For Release: September 26, 2011
Rare One-On-One Interview With Innovative Artist
NEW YORK: The 131st AES Convention will host a rare one-on-one interview with international recording star Ben Folds. Set for Friday, October 21, 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm, at the Jacob Javits Center, the wide-ranging dialogue will cover Folds’ career, creative influences, collaborations and, his perspective on today’s music business. Folds will also discuss (and play cuts from) his new 3-CD career retrospective, Best Imitation of Myself.
In 1997, worldwide sales of two million+ copies of their Whatever And Ever Amen CD, and hit ballad, Brick, rocketed Ben Folds Five to international prominence, Continuing hits like Rockin’ the Suburbs and Landed; his 2010 Lonely Avenue collaboration with noted author Nick (About A Boy) Hornsby; and regular appearances as a judge on NBC’s hit a cappella series The Sing-Off, keep Folds in the public eye.
Errol Kolosine, Assistant Arts Professor, NYU Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music, will conduct the interview. As GM of indie label Caroline/Astralwerks (Virgin, EMI), Kolosine worked with such artists as The Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Air, and Ben Folds Five. He received an Executive Producer Grammy nomination for the soundtrack of HBO’s “Six Feet Under” series.
The interview will conclude with a lively audience Q&A.
“We are delighted to offer Convention attendees the opportunity to gain first hand insights from an artist of Ben Folds’ stature,” said AES Convention Chair Jim Anderson.
“And, we are indebted to Errol Kolosine for coordinating this event.”
Photo: Ben Folds will participate in a one-on-one interview at the 131st AES Convention
The 131st Audio Engineering Convention will be held in NY’s Jacob Javits Convention Center Thursday, October 20 thru Sunday, Oct. 23. For an in-depth preview of events please visit: http://www.aes.org/events/131/calendar/calendar.cfm
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org