- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- Networks - High-performance streaming audio-over-IP interoperability; AES67-xxxx DRAFT REVISION proposed for comment
- Universal jack for 6,35 mm plugs; AES-14id-2010 proposed for reaffirmation
- Measurement of digital audio equipment; AES17 draft revision proposed for comment
- Spatial acoustic data file format; AES69-2015 published
AES Press Release: AES New York 2011
131st AES Convention Platinum Mastering Breaks New Ground
For Release: September 19, 2011
All Star Mastering Pros To Address New Apple iTunes Producer
NEW YORK: Perhaps the most prolific mastering engineer of all time, Gateway Mastering founder Bob Ludwig, has set a standard for excellence not only with his many Grammy Award-winning credits (Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Dire Straights, etc), but with the many stellar AES Convention Platinum Mastering Panels he has developed and moderated.
Ludwig’s 131st AES Convention Platinum event will break new ground with its premise: YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, WE HAVE ANSWERS: Panelists: Adam Ayan, Gateway Mastering Studios (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails); Chris Gehringer, Sterling Sound, NYC (Lady Gaga, Nelly, Cee Lo Green); Scott Hull, Masterdisk, NYC (Sting, Lou Reed, Miles Davis); Darcy Proper, Wisseloord Studios, The Netherlands (Eric Clapton, Steely Dan); and Barak Moffitt, EVP EMI Label Group (Capitol Studios), who will provide the record label perspective on today’s mastering process. The panel will address the latest trends and techniques in mastering; the state of the record industry; the de-evolution of the opportunity for learning through apprenticeship and most importantly take a lot of questions from the audience.
As a timely technological ‘extra,’ the panel will include a demo and discussion of Apple's new iTunes Producer program. Recently introduced to optimize the sound quality of AAC files for iTunes, this new, higher resolution (96/24 bit) paradigm shift looms as one of the most important innovations on the download horizon.
“Bob Ludwig’s Platinum Panels have always been among the best attended and most widely discussed sessions at every AES Convention,” remarked Convention Chair Jim Anderson. “This year’s presentation promises to be particularly eventful.”
Photo: AES Platinum Mastering Panel Moderator Bob Ludwig
The 131st Audio Engineering Convention will be held in NY’s Jacob Javits Convention Center Thursday, October 20 thru Sunday, Oct. 23. For an in-depth preview of events please visit: http://www.aes.org/events/131/calendar/calendar.cfm
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org