In This Section
Perceptual Effects of Dynamic Range Compression in Popular Music Recordings - January 2014
Accurate Calculation of Radiation and Diffraction from Loudspeaker Enclosures at Low Frequency - June 2013
New Measurement Techniques for Portable Listening Devices: Technical Report - October 2013
AES Member Profile
- Equipment supply and system integration
Florentin GHEORGHIU - Managing Director of RomTek Electronics SRL
• 32 years of experience in the broadcast and telecom industries.
• After getting, in 1980, his Master Degree in Electronics and Telecommunications at the Polytechnic University in Bucharest, he worked for 14 years (1980-1994) for the Romanian public broadcaster - Romanian Radio & Television (RR&TV) - heading various project teams and departments. Last position with RR&TV was Head of Studies & Standards Division, responsible for drawing up the strategy of development as well as for representing the company in various EBU (European Broadcasting Union) study groups.
• Appointed for two years (1994-1996) as Deputy General Director of the Romanian media group "Curierul National", his target was to prepare the feasibility study for a 50 million US$ broadcast and telecom project. The job involved highest level contacts with television networks (CNN, ABC, CBS, SBS), equipment manufacturers and system integrators (Sony, Philips-BTS, Tektronix, BFE, Scientific Atlanta) and financial institutions (Citybank, EBRD).
• His first private company, entirely focused on solutions for the broadcast industry and called Media Concepts & Engineering (MC&E), has been established in 1993. Prime Technology and RomTek Electronics followed in the end of 1997 and respectively beginning of 1998.
• In 2003 he became the sole owner of RomTek Electronics SRL, by buying the shares of the other co-founder of the company, and subsequently RomTek took over all the activities of RomTek's sister company MC&E.
AES Member Profiles
If you are an AES member and would like to create your own AES member profile like this one then click here.