Posted On: 2017-3-6
Location: Biggleswade, Beds, UK
£60k - £70k + Bonus + Car or Allowance
A UK Divisional Director is required to take total responsibility for the UK distribution division of a leading high end audio manufacturing company. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Divisional Director will have total responsibility for the management of the circa £2m UK distribution business, and small sales team, delivering sales targets for growth across own brand and third party products sales. Expanding the third party product range to meet sales growth targets is also a key aspect of this role. The business has a fantastic reputation within the professional audio and domestic consumer sectors, and is ripe for UK expansion.
The ideal Divisional Director candidate will be a sales and marketing professional, familiar with high value consumer goods markets, with a strong commercial aptitude and general management skills, willing to travel extensively in the UK and play a hands-on role in the key account management process, including formulating and implementing appropriate dealer communications and motivational strategies, and rolling out new products to the dealer / retailer network.
• Preparation of the UK division annual business plan.
• Achieving the company’s UK sales and profit objective through the planning, appointing and maintaining of a professional and effective UK distribution system, including a specialist Audio dealer network.
• Formulation of a product range expansion strategy for the UK market for board approval with products that complement the brand and core values for excellence and quality to achieve sales and profit growth.
• Identify new third party products and product ranges and lead feasibility and viability studies in conjunction with heads of marketing, product development and finance for approval by the board.
• In conjunction with the head of marketing undertake the launch of approved new products.
• Achieving sales order targets whilst maintaining pre-agreed product pricing levels and within sales function overhead budgets.
• The development and maintenance of a UK dealer/retailer appointment programme covering a 2-year forward period designed to provide geographic expansion into prioritised open points.
• The development and management of a cooperative dealer/retailer sales and marketing support programme in conjunction with the head of marketing.
• Performance management of the BDM team, in all respects including sales, professionalism, time management, expense control and any other necessary aspect to ensure success.
• Maintaining the brand reputation across the UK.
• Experience of the management of 3rd party distribution channels
• UK audio market or similar sector experience desirable (distributor or large retailer level).
• Demonstrable ability to formulate and implement appropriate communications and motivational strategies within a dealer/retailer network
• Experience of sourcing, evaluating and introducing new products into a dealer network
• Proven record of performance delivery through third party distribution systems embracing a deep understanding of dealer economics
• Working in collaboration with independent entrepreneurs or trading businesses to achieve optimal market share in local markets
• Working collaboratively with marketing function to formulate market driven sales and marketing strategies
• A team player able to evidence highest levels of collaborative working and delegation
This is an exciting opportunity for an organised, creative and driven UK Divisional Director to join an expanding small company with a world-renowned product range, at the next stage of its growth. Competitive salary, bonus scheme, car/car allowance. Apply now by contacting Dawn Green on 01767 686300 or email@example.com
Please mention AES00999 when applying for this position.
43-45 Crawley Green Road
PMC is a UK-based, world-leading manufacturer of loudspeaker systems, the tools of choice in all ultra-critical professional monitoring applications, and also for the discerning audiophile at home, where they provide a transparent window into the recording artist's original intentions. PMC products use the best available materials and design principles, including the company's proprietary Advanced Transmission Line (ATL™) bass-loading technology, cutting-edge amplification and advanced DSP techniques to create loudspeakers that present sound and music exactly as it was when first created, with the highest possible resolution, and without coloration or distortion. For more information on our clients and products, see www.pmc-speakers.com.