Posted On: 2017-2-20
Location: Framingham, MA, USA
Bose Professional Systems Division is passionate about providing world class sound quality for our customers.
Does the prospect of making a positive, tangible impact on millions of people excite you?
Do you enjoy working on teams with other really smart people?
Do you want to contribute in a meaningful way to a dynamic growing business?
If so, we want to meet you.
At Bose Professional, we’ve spent more than 40 years finding new ways to bring quality audio products to people—in their houses of worship, performing arts theatres, restaurant & retail venues and just about anywhere else that there is a possibility to enjoy music. Our legendary L1 family, PowerMatch amplifiers, Delta-Q speaker family and extensive FreeSpace & Control Space families of amplifiers, speakers and control electronics may ring a bell with you. Bose relies on exceptional people to create and deliver these products and experiences to our customers.
The Bose Talent Acquisition team is seeking to fill a number of key roles to drive the development of innovative products across our business.
Reports to: Director of Engineering, Professional Systems Division
Executes development for electronic products that combine to create complex systems that fit the needs of our customers in the Pro Audio markets. This engineering role provides a bridge between Product Line Management and the development team throughout project lifecycles for products that are related to each other and frequently are developed/maintained simultaneously. Guides a customer-focused view of requirements capture, hardware development and test, while understanding system-wide interactions and steering hardware/software architecture toward optimal solutions that grow PSD’s business.
• Requirements capture and management. Collaborate with the Sales Theaters and Product Line Managers to acquire and interpret customer requirements (Voice of Customer). Your awareness of technology advances and influence on our HW and SW architectures will be used to guide the product requirements from an engineering perspective, with customer “wow” as the goal.
• System Design. For new systems, and adding new features to existing systems, work with functional engineering leads to derive System Architecture proposals that meet the requirements. Lead the selection of the best design between alternative concepts. Provide detail of the system design, including partitioning of functionality between units and computing platforms.
• Product Development. Act in a project engineer role to address system level issues during development by multi-disciplined (primarily software and hardware, mechanical and acoustic) teams. Support system interface questions. Participate in design reviews and the change management process.
• System Integration. Specify and support emulation of customer environments and use cases during development to support continuous integration and product/feature testing and refinement.
• System verification. Develop a System Test plan and procedure to verify/validate features and functionality at the system level. Participate and monitor lab and real-world test execution, capture results and generate issues for disposition/resolution.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Have developed products for the Pro Audio industry, such as amplifiers, mixers, DSP processors, that interact at a system level.
• First hand exposure to the design, and customer use, of professional electronics products that interact in complex systems.
• General electronics knowledge, ability to read schematics and troubleshoot systems at the board and interface level
• Aware of DSP and microprocessor technology advances and industry offerings
• Experience with networking protocols, USB and serial communications
• Familiarity with audio signal processing algorithms and their use-cases
• Able to produce clear technical documentation
• Multi-disciplined project exposure (electronics, mechanical, acoustics, etc.)
• Have led, or successfully interacted, with multi-disciplined engineers and during high-stakes product development cycles.
• BS in EE or similar degree required. MS preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience developing complex products for the Pro Audio market.
Please mention AES00992 when applying for this position.
100 The Mountain Road
Framingham, MA 01701