Posted On: 2017-2-14
Location: Whitinsville, MA, USA
This is a senior-level engineering position within the design engineering team. This person is responsible for design and architecture of new loudspeaker systems, researching new technologies, design of integrated systems and final system optimization. The senior design engineer will typically lead sophisticated product designs and will often contribute to the research and development of new technologies that will be used in future products. A clear understanding of loudspeaker technologies and their application is required.
• Design and development of complex loudspeaker systems including integrated loudspeaker systems.
• Application and definition of technologies to meet product requirements.
• Serves as lead engineer on product development teams.
• Research and development of new materials, processes, approaches and patent-able technologies.
• Helps define new products and product lines and contributes to conceptual product development.
• Leads product specific feasibility research and system architecture initiatives.
• System optimization of new products.
• Consults on product design with the various development teams.
• Mentors junior and mid-level engineers
• Assists engineering management with project schedules and budgets
• Suggest and develop detailed product assembly procedures together with the engineering manager and/or engineers
• Maintain laboratory spaces together with the technicians and engineers.
• Train new project team members on software and standard design/documentation processes with minimal direction from the engineering manager.
• Provide guidance and education to the organization on standard operating procedures, commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
• Demonstrate ownership in the shared success of the organization.
• Participate in the definition and execution of strategic level initiatives with the remainder of the engineering department.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
This position reports to the New Product Development (NPD) Manager and is accountable to that position for the above mentioned engineering deliverables.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Will serve as mentor to junior and mid level engineers.
This role will interact with many other areas of the organization across different geographies and cultures. Ability to adapt to different work environments, philosophies and personalities while achieving results is critical. External contact with audio consultants, vendors, contractors, and customers is encouraged.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Acoustical Engineering, Masters Preferred.
• 8 years’ experience in the Professional Audio Industry.
• Extensive integrated loudspeaker system design experience.
• This role is expected to maintain regular office hours on-site.
• Work during non-business hours is to be expected in the context of specific events such as demos and trade shows.
• Occasional domestic and international travel.
Please apply for this position here: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=LOUDTECHINC&cws=1&rid=793
Please mention AES00980 when applying for this position.
16220 Woodinville Redmond Rd. NE
Woodinville, WA 98072