- August 26, 2014
- July 2, 2014
AES Job Board
Harman International - Transducer Engineer (m/w)
Posted On: 2014-6-30
Location: Straubing, Regensburg area, Germany
Tasks & Responsibilites:
- Design and Development of loudspeaker assemblies for automotive sound systems.
- Acting as technical customer Interface to our European automotive customers
- Working with the Customer, Systems Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Supplier Quality and Mechanical Engineering departments ensuring cross-functional, easily manufacturable, cost effective and high quality products meeting all customer expectations.
- Active participation in the RFI/RFQ phase with concept development of loudspeaker designs with regards to all external and internal requirements
- Attending and supporting Peer to Peer Design Reviews, Customer Design Reviews and Project Reviews
- Analysis of technical specifications with feedback to customer
- Performing risk analysis (DFMEA, DRBFM) and feasibility studies
- Ensure proper maintenance of assigned existing and new transducer designs
- Creation of design specifications and technical reports as required
- Carrying out acoustical, electrical and magnetic simulations and measurements for loudspeakers
- Ensure on time completion of all Development related deliverables meeting timing and budget requirements
- Support departmental initiatives and activities as directed by the department supervisor.
Skills & Requirements:
- University degree in Electrical or Acoustical Engineering or equivalent appropriate graduation
- Minimum 3 years experience in acoustic transducer design
- Thorough knowledge of electromechanical principles gained from both a good academic foundation and via practical application and experience
- Knowledge of state of the art loudspeaker measurement and simulation methods and systems
- Self motivated, passionate about audio and high sense of responsibility
- Excellent command of the German and English language
- Apply via our career site: http://jobs.harman.com/ Ref.nr: 26001
- Apply directly at: career012.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=26001&company=harman&username=...
Please mention AES00655 when applying for this position.
About Harman International
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!