- August 26, 2014
- July 2, 2014
AES Job Board
DTS, Inc. - Quality Assurance & Operations Engineer
Posted On: 2014-6-12
Location: Calabasas, CA, USA
DTS is looking for a highly motivated, organized, and detail oriented person to serve as an engineer on the Audio Fidelity Team. You will be joining a team of engineers who are passionate about getting the highest quality audio experience out of all DTS technologies. Strong listening skills and an ability to hear like a consumer are a must, because you will be helping this team to evaluate/improve DTS technologies in products including AVRs, Televisions, Soundbars, mobile phones, tablets, automobiles, and more.
Working very closely with Research and Development (R&D) engineers, you will contribute to the audio performance of DTS technologies by providing subjectively listening feedback through all phases of the product development cycle. Some coordination with customer facing engineers will be required to ensure proper alignment of DTS technology functionality with end user desires. Awareness of cutting edge consumer audio will also serve you well in this role, because we are often granted the opportunity to confirm that DTS is offering a superior audio performance against similar technologies in the consumer audio marketplace.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Work with R&D engineers to prepare/expand test plans based on technology feature definitions
• Conduct subjective listening assessments to support development of audio processing algorithms
• Work directly with R&D engineers from early concept design through production to implement product improvements and enhancements
• Participate in and collaborate on technology API development and final technology tuning
• Conduct competitive benchmarking evaluations
Required Education and Experience
• BS(required) or Masters(preferred) degree in Electrical or Audio Engineering
• Excellent critical listening and evaluation skills
• Experience with most audio editing software packages
• Experience with C Programming & Batch scripting preferred
• Familiar with DTS and other audio technologies
• Fundamental knowledge of DSP and audio testing preferred
• Familiarity with common codec and post-processing audio artifacts
• Experience working as a cross-functional team member preferred
• Experience conducting standardized listening tests preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Strong ability to drive audio performance improvements into final products
• Self-starter, with ability to work autonomously
• Strong analytical skills
• Must possess a strong ability to communicate(verbal & written); Should be capable of translating opinions of auditory experiences into useful feedback for other engineering disciplines
• Should be comfortable working in fast paced environment
• Experience with Consumer Audio devices preferred
Please apply http://www.dts.com/careers today!
Please mention AES00642 when applying for this position.
About DTS, Inc.
5220 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: +1 818 436 1000
Fax: +1 818 436 1999
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a digital technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. DTS decoders are in virtually every major brand of 5.1-channel surround processor, and there are hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products available worldwide. A pioneer in multichannel audio, DTS technology is in home theater, car audio, PC and game console products, as well as DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disc, and Surround Music software. Founded in 1993, DTS’ corporate headquarters are located in Agoura Hills, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.