- August 26, 2014
- July 2, 2014
AES Job Board
Catalyst Recruiting, Inc. - Sales Manager - Audio products
Posted On: 2014-6-11
Location: Los Angeles or San Francisco Bay areas, CA, USA
Position Title: Manager, sales and accounts
Company: manufacturer of specialized transducer components
Summary: direct and manage all sales activities of specialty high-performance metallic cones, domes, etc, into transducer markets. Report to the company division business/sales manager. Division produces other (non-acoustic) products.
1. Management of all existing acoustic products accounts:
2. Manage existing sales – business, forecast, coordinate with and manage customer services personnel in the subject area, etc
3. Maximize sales to those existing accounts
4. Maximize value; both the company (i.e. volume and profitability, etc) and customer (value, service); a sometimes intricate balancing act
5. Scout for and get the opportunity to propose on new business with the many U.S. and global manufacturers of transducers (i.e. microphone, speakers, hearing –assist devices, military, etc)
6. Complete proposals (of course with the assistance of company team, but leading the effort)
7. All follow-up with the customers/perspective customers
8. Market intelligence: competitors, market direction, market needs
Essential Skills and Experience
1. At least 5 years of experience in a business that sells to/supplies the acoustic markets applicable to the company. Does not need to be in specifically the same product line
2. Know a significant number of industry “players”
3. Experience in managing existing accounts: forecasts, coordination with demand planning, customer service, logistics, customers, quality, etc. Retain and maximize opportunites
4. Experience hunting for and getting new customers. Must have a combination of “nerve” and effectiveness!
5. Computer literacy
6. Native/native-level English language speaker
7. Legal to work in the U.S.
8. Able to travel in country and overseas (Must have passport)
Company offers a base compensation and a very aggressive and multi-tiered bonus plan. Must be located in either the Bay area or Southern CA.
Please mention AES00641 when applying for this position.
About Catalyst Recruiting, Inc.
11629 N. Settlers Drive
Parker, CO 80138
Catalyst Recruiting is a company specializing in recruiting in the audio and similar fields. We recruit into all from entry-level engineers through vice-president of engineering and some technical-type business fields.
We started in the raw materials area and have moved into one of the most enjoyable uses of raw materials: engineering, manufacture and sale of audio equipment! Not often we in recruiting can experience the success of our candidates and clients by turning on the stereo on the car or living room!
Please feel to send a note: We respond to all, and keep information from anyone we receive completely confidential unless and until all parties explicitly agree (needed in this small world!).