- August 26, 2014
- July 2, 2014
AES Job Board
DTS, Inc. - Vice President, Applications & Services
Posted On: 2014-6-9
Location: Calabasas, CA, USA
DTS seeks a Vice President, Applications & Services with extensive development experience targeting multimedia applications, tools and systems with web services platform support across mobile, TV, PC and consumer electronic products. The candidate will have solid technical expertise to influence the shaping of future products by contributing to the architecture used across multiple systems. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Product Commercialization, this candidate must possess excellent management and programming skills, experienced in latest best software development processes, and have experience in working in a fast pace development environment with virtual teams.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include supervising the development of applications, as well as web services, product documentation and working with other DTS Commercialization engineers to produce customer-ready reliable technology for the consumer and professional market. Candidate should have at least 8 years of proven experience with mobile application and multimedia systems development, be detail-oriented with strong analytical, communication and teamwork skills. The VP, Applications & Services, will supervise a team of software architects and engineers and have:
- expertise in C, C++, Java, and Assembly,
- solid technical understanding of Android, iOS, Windows, QNX, and other consumer electronic platforms,
- expertise in multimedia frameworks such as OpenMAX, OpenCORE, DirectShow,
- experience with co-developing client & RESTful APIs to support cross-vertical experiences such as mobile & TVs and PC & mobile,
- proficient in managing geographically disparate development teams,
- experience interfacing with 3rd party partners, portfolio planning and sales teams,
- excel at defining and tracking schedules, refining per market and engineering demands,
- proficient in Agile methodologies with sufficient expertise to engage engineering leads, product owners on a daily basis
- and demonstrated ability to multi-task, and the ability to work with little supervision.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in computer science or engineering with 8 years industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience will be considered in lieu of Master's degree.
- Management experience in R&D teams with at least 5 years industry experience.
- Extensive multimedia systems, embedded and mobile application product development experience.
- Web services product development experience preferred.
Please apply http://www.dts.com/careers
Please mention AES00640 when applying for this position.
About DTS, Inc.
5220 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: +1 818 436 1000
Fax: +1 818 436 1999
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a premier audio solutions provider for high-definition entertainment experiences—anytime, anywhere, on any device. DTS' audio solutions enable delivery and playback of clear, compelling high-definition audio which is incorporated by hundreds of licensee customers around the world, into an array of consumer electronic devices. From a renowned legacy as a pioneer in high definition multi-channel audio, DTS became a mandatory audio format in the Blu-ray Disc standard and is now increasingly deployed in enabling digital delivery of compelling movies, music, games and other forms of digital entertainment to a growing array of network-connected consumer devices. DTS technology is in car audio systems, digital media players, DVD players, game consoles, home theaters, PCs, set-top boxes, smart phones, surround music content and every device capable of playing Blu-ray discs. Founded in 1993, DTS' corporate headquarters are located in Calabasas, California with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Los Gatos and Santa Ana, California, Washington, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.