- July 2, 2014
- June 4, 2014
AES Job Board
DTS, Inc. - Software Developer, Applications & Services
Posted On: 2014-6-9
Location: Los Gatos, CA, USA
DTS is seeking a self-motivated and passionate software professional at the Los Gatos, CA location in the Product Commercialization group filling the role of Software Developer, Applications and Services.
As an experienced and knowledgeable member of this results-driven apps and services team, you will be directly responsible for supporting and implementing modules of a production-grade administrative web portal and web services backend platform. Part of this opportunity includes developing, testing and maintaining J2EE web applications for multi-tenant partners and end users, partnering with peers and other technical leaders in the firm, coordinating testing and release management activities and collaborating with offshore team members.
Team members are encouraged to invest in personal skill development and regularly share new knowledge with other team members and technology teams.
Serious applicants should anticipate being challenged on their knowledge and experience through personal examples and / or tests. Applicants should be able to show one or more projects or live site demonstrations of their best work.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Design, write, and test code for web/mobile HTML5 AJAX applications that scale to high-volume production quality
• Prototype creative solutions quickly
• Deploy periodic releases in alignment with the agile development sprint cycles
• Collaborate by promoting best software practices, participating in and contribute to active code reviews, sharing new knowledge or discoveries, and engaging other teams
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science required
• 4+ years of experience with design and development of software primarily using Java technologies: Java SE, JEE, JPA, JAXB,, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, JAX-RS
• Experience with open source Spring application framework and other related projects like Spring Security, Spring Integration, Spring Social, Spring TestContext (JUnit, TestNG)
• Experience with O/R mapping tools like Hibernate
• Experience with open source RESTful web services frameworks like Jersey and JSON data-interchange format
• Knowledge with application servers like Tomcat or JBoss
• Experience on client side MVC and CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, jQuery, Backbone.js, Angular.js, extJS
• Experience in version control systems such as Mercurial, Perforce, GIT is required
• Experience with dependency management and build systems like Maven or Gradle and CI tools like anthill pro
• Smart, staged release cycles (Agile methodologies)
• Proven track record including commercial applications where you have designed databases, load balancing, task scheduling, and data reporting
Other Skills & Abilities:
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication in English
• Solid problem solving skills
• Works well with teams of varying backgrounds, experiences, and skills
• Proficiency with creating and configuring environments, automating/scripting them
• Major cloud based database solutions – Microsoft, Google, AWS a plus.
• MVC or MVVM frameworks such as Backbone.js, Angular.js, Knockout.js a plus
• Twitter Bootstrap, JQuery UI, or comparable a plus.
Please apply http://www.dts.com/careers
Please mention AES00639 when applying for this position.
About DTS, Inc.
5220 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: +1 818 436 1000
Fax: +1 818 436 1999
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a digital technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. DTS decoders are in virtually every major brand of 5.1-channel surround processor, and there are hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products available worldwide. A pioneer in multichannel audio, DTS technology is in home theater, car audio, PC and game console products, as well as DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disc, and Surround Music software. Founded in 1993, DTS’ corporate headquarters are located in Agoura Hills, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.