- July 2, 2014
- June 4, 2014
AES Job Board
DTS, Inc. - Field Application Engineer
Posted On: 2014-5-29
Location: Santa Ana or Calabasas, CA, USA
DTS is experiencing progressive growth and is seeking a Field Applications Engineer (FAE). This position will play a vital role in improving the audio quality of products from top manufacturers. The quality and reputation of DTS rests highly upon the capabilities of the FAE. It presents a unique opportunity to be involved in many aspects of the audio industry, utilizing engineering as well as communication skills. There will be interaction directly with Engineering, R&D, Sales, and Marketing individuals in the top companies in every major segment of consumer electronics. This position will challenge and grow your audio, software, hardware and interpersonal skills.
An FAE at DTS is an audio expert that provides vital engineering support for customer companies in each industry segment we operate in, as well as engineering support for Sales efforts and internal Marketing and R&D needs. This requires an individual who has a deep understanding and passion for audio, has critical listening and analytical skills, and enjoys working with people. The individual must be a motivated and quick learner.
Domestic and International travel will be required in order to support the initial Sales effort as well as post-sales product support. This includes presenting DTS solutions and giving advice directly to prospective customer engineers, as well as providing continued support in the evaluation, implementation, and tuning phases. The final goal is to get the best audio experience from the costumer’s device by utilizing DTS technologies.
This customer-facing role presents a unique opportunity to grow both interpersonal and engineering skills. An FAE at DTS will interact with the key engineers, decision makers, and executives in all industry segments that involve audio. This position reports to the Director of Field Applications Engineering.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Primary technical interface and main point-of-contact for customer technical support during product design and integration
• Support pre-sales business development and customer engagement with technical product presentation and demonstration
• Perform tuning of DTS audio technologies on all types of CE devices, for demo and production units
• Perform audio analysis and feasibility studies for DTS implementations on all types of CE products
• Provide feedback to R&D and other engineering departments regarding DTS implementations.
• Respond to and resolve customer issues, utilizing the support of DTS's engineering team
• Deliver technical training for internal sales/marketing teams and external clients
• Create audio and video demo content using DTS technologies for all types of CE devices
Required Education and Experience
• BS degree required or MS in Electrical Engineering preferred
• 2+ years experience in engineering
• Strong interest in DSP concepts
• Embedded system knowledge using C/C++
• Critical listening skills
• Passion for audio and music
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including working with other cultures
• Ability to multi-task
• Quick learner
• Willingness and legal status to travel freely up to 40% both domestically and internationally
Please apply http://www.dts.com/careers
Please mention AES00635 when applying for this position.
About DTS, Inc.
5220 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: +1 818 436 1000
Fax: +1 818 436 1999
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a digital technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. DTS decoders are in virtually every major brand of 5.1-channel surround processor, and there are hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products available worldwide. A pioneer in multichannel audio, DTS technology is in home theater, car audio, PC and game console products, as well as DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disc, and Surround Music software. Founded in 1993, DTS’ corporate headquarters are located in Agoura Hills, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.