- July 2, 2014
- June 4, 2014
AES Job Board
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. - QA Engineer
Posted On: 2014-4-25
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you will see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including experts in evolving broadcast technology.
As a QA Engineer, you will test software that enables the next generation of Dolby technologies. You will lead the design of complex QA test environments as well as lead the design and execution of all tests needed.
• Plan and develop subjective and objective voice tests that stress the algorithms and demonstrate performance in customer use cases
• Identifies and implements opportunities for objective, standards based voice tests using Head Acoustics analysis systems.
• Defines and implements subjective tests as required
• Develops voice source and environmental noise files for product testing throughout the development life cycle
• Develops test and evaluation procedures and ensures that requirements are met.
• Methodically plans and documents test procedures and methods.
• Produces accurate reports and analysis of acoustical systems and audio & voice processing technologies.
• Develops test techniques to enable apples-to-apples comparisons of audio and voice processing technologies
• Conduct early project scoping including collaboration with research, marketing, and development teams, review of proposed technologies, development of test strategies, and contribution of proposals for testability.
• Provide team leadership including project planning, resource loading, task allocation, test progress monitoring, and resource training and development.
• Lead test planning including test design, test coverage, test approach, resource requirements, budget requirements, scheduling, risk assessment, and report metrics.
• Design and implement new test methods to address next generation capabilities in our products.
• Design, set up, configure and maintain software testing labs and environments.
• Utilize and adapt existing test automation tools.
• Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
• Lead bug review meetings and analyze bug status data and metrics.
• Anticipate and mitigate test and project issues.
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
Consolidated experience in SQA, including designing and implementing complex test plans and test cases.
3+ years in an electro-acoustic testing role, voice preferred
1+ years’ experience with Head Acoustics, Listen-SoundCheck, Audio Precision, Bruel & Kjaer Telephone, or similar test systems
Ability to use visual and audio skills to judge voice quality results
Excellent knowledge of and experience with current SQA industry tools and best practices.
Demonstrated skills in multiple test design techniques.
Professional experience programming in scripting languages such as Python, TCL, Perl, Batch, and/or Bash.
Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or DevTrack.
Professional experience in Networking Area especially VOIP, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching
Experience with Call Managers, SBC Gateway, Conference Server is a plus
Basic/testing knowledge about audio and codecs
Deep understanding of SIP, RTP, RTCP protocols
Knowledge of Security such as IPSec, TLS, DTLS tunnels
Experience in testing Apps on Android and IOS
Proven experience testing in multiple software environments like Windows, Unix/Linux, Android, etc.
Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem solving.
Excellent oral and written English language skills.
To apply: https://e-dolby.icims.com/jobs/2387/qa-engineer/job?mode=apply&iis=Job+Boards&iisn=Audio-Engineering-Society
Please mention AES00628 when applying for this position.
About Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
100 Potrero Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94103
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) is the global leader in technologies that are essential elements in the best entertainment experiences. Founded in 1965 and best known for high-quality audio and surround sound, Dolby creates innovations that enrich entertainment at the movies, at home, or on the go. For more information about Dolby Laboratories or Dolby technologies, please visit www.dolby.com.