- July 2, 2014
- June 4, 2014
AES Job Board
DTS, Inc. - Senior Software Engineer, Core Application Design
Posted On: 2014-4-1
Location: Calabasas, CA, USA
DTS is seeking a self-motivated and passionate software developer at DTS headquarters in Calabasas, CA on our Customer Concepts & Tools team filling the role of Senior Software Engineer, Core Application Design.
As an experienced and knowledgeable member of this results-driven tools team, you will be directly responsible for designing and implementing systems to support server integrations and database portions of our applications. Part of this opportunity includes bridging company services, personally designing lightweight admin and client pages, interactive task scheduling, load balancing validation tools across networked systems, and generating ad-hoc reports. You will additionally assist in building client-side tools for our customers reflecting our newest products and solutions.
Activities will exercise your expertise in staged development, authoring server and client scripts, designing smart databases, and crafting user-friendly reports and micro-sites. Experience using high-level C-family languages will be important as you leverage native audio libraries to perform analysis and plotting functions. You will interact with diverse stakeholders to gather requirements and feedback that improves processes, tooling, and overall user workflow from within and outside of DTS.
Our team environment is one of mutual respect, collaboration, and growth. Team members are encouraged to invest in personal skill development and regularly share new knowledge with other team members and technology teams.
Serious applicants should anticipate being challenged on their knowledge and experience through personal examples and / or tests. Applicants should be able to show one or more projects or live site demonstrations of their best work.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Participate in the design, planning, and coding of robust, networked customer tools
• Author client-side and server-side scripts and script libraries
• Consume / leverage native code libraries written in C-family languages
• Design and improve lightweight user interfaces
• Develop and implement reusable meta-tools (transforms/interpretive parsers/enhanced scripts)
• Collaborate by promoting best software practices, participating in and contribute to active code reviews, sharing new knowledge or discoveries, and engaging other teams
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
• 6+ years’ recent enterprise level SQL and/or NoSQL database instances, database ORM, authoring complex queries and stored procedures, caching technologies, backups, and replication
• 6+ years’ recent server side scripting technologies including PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails
• Experience applying map-reduce techniques
• Content management systems (asset management)
• Ad-hoc reporting and basic user interfaces
• Fast, clean, efficient code implementation and debugging
• Smart, staged release cycles (Agile methodologies)
• Proven track record including commercial applications where you have designed databases, load balancing, task scheduling, and data reporting
Other Skills & Abilities:
• Positive outlook on challenges
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication in English
• Invests in continued learning such as regular reading, participation in open-source initiatives, learning new programming languages, and/or other personal projects
• Solid problem solving skills
• Works well with teams of varying backgrounds, experiences, and skills
• Proficiency with creating and configuring environments, automating/scripting them
Please apply http://www.dts.com/careers
Please mention AES00624 when applying for this position.
About DTS, Inc.
5220 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: +1 818 436 1000
Fax: +1 818 436 1999
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a digital technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. DTS decoders are in virtually every major brand of 5.1-channel surround processor, and there are hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products available worldwide. A pioneer in multichannel audio, DTS technology is in home theater, car audio, PC and game console products, as well as DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disc, and Surround Music software. Founded in 1993, DTS’ corporate headquarters are located in Agoura Hills, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.