- July 2, 2014
- June 4, 2014
AES Job Board
iZotope, Inc. - Embedded DSP Engineer
Posted On: 2014-3-24
Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
About the Job
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for an embedded DSP engineering position focused on audio signal processing algorithms for iZotope’s hardware products. This position will assume primary responsibility for developing, porting and maintaining our core DSP algorithms for our hardware product line. Qualified applicants should have at least at least 3 years demonstrable industry experience developing and testing DSP algorithms in C/C++ and Assembler in an embedded environment. The ideal candidate would have direct experience with music and audio applications and be familiar with music and post-production industry trends in signal processing.
Responsibilities will include:
• Development of signal processing algorithms in C/C++ for use in iZotope’s hardware products
• Porting existing software implementations of iZotope’s DSP algorithms to run in a hardware context
• Algorithm optimization
• Assisting with automated testing of DSP
• Staying up to date on industry trends and best practices
• Upholding company best practices in engineering and research
• Contributing to a team through successful product development and release cycles
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field with signal processing focus
• In depth knowledge of DSP theory
• 3 or more years experience developing and debugging software in C/C++ and Assembler
• Prior experience in an embedded systems engineering role
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Team player
• Postgraduate study or equivalent industry experience
• Experience developing for the ARM family of processors and/or experience with FPGA configuration and design
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and/or Apple Xcode
• Experience with GIT
• Working knowledge of Python
We are looking for passionate and talented people for this position in our Cambridge, MA headquarters. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Please mention AES00621 when applying for this position.
About iZotope, Inc.
700 Technology Square, Ste. 400
Cambridge, MA 02139
iZotope is a research-driven audio technology company based in Boston, Massachusetts. Its award-winning products and audio technologies are used by millions of people in over 50 countries, from consumers to musicians to major film, TV, and radio studios. Some of the diverse clients include musical giants like BT, Depeche Mode, and RZA of WuTang Clan; radio stations like Boston's iconic WGBH; and TV programming like CBS's "Survivor," the Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch," the World Cup broadcast, and the GRAMMY awards. Through an extensive licensing program, iZotope technology is also directly integrated into products made by industry-leaders such as Adobe, Avid, and Sony; video games from companies like Harmonix and Ubisoft; as well as a growing number of mobile phone applications.