- July 2, 2014
- June 4, 2014
AES Job Board
iZotope, Inc. - Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
Posted On: 2014-3-24
Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
About the Job
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for a senior embedded systems development position focused on iZotope’s current and future hardware products. Qualified applications should have in-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience providing technical leadership for a small team of embedded software and hardware engineers; designing, developing and debugging embedded systems in C/C++ and Assembler; and a passion for music and audio technology. Preferred candidates will have prior experience developing hardware products for audio applications and be familiar with trends in our industry.
Responsibilities will include:
• Technical leadership for a new team of internal and contract engineers focused on iZotope’s hardware products
• Working closely with product and project management to define, architect and implement embedded systems for iZotope’s audio hardware products
• Working with senior engineers from other teams to define and uphold engineering best practices company-wide
• Prototyping and development of new product concepts, and supporting existing products in the market
• Leading a team through successful product development and release cycles
• BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• 5 or more years of C/C++ and Assembler development experience
• Prior experience in an embedded systems engineering role
• Working knowledge of DSP
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Team leader
• Experience developing for the ARM family of processors and/or experience with FPGA configuration and design
• Experience developing hardware products for audio and music applications
• Experience working with product managers to define and implement product requirements
• Experience with Agile software development using Scrum
• Experience with desktop software development using Microsoft Visual Studio and/or Apple Xcode
• Experience with GIT
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA. Must be able to work in the United States.
Please mention AES00620 when applying for this position.
About iZotope, Inc.
700 Technology Square, Ste. 400
Cambridge, MA 02139
iZotope is a research-driven audio technology company based in Boston, Massachusetts. Its award-winning products and audio technologies are used by millions of people in over 50 countries, from consumers to musicians to major film, TV, and radio studios. Some of the diverse clients include musical giants like BT, Depeche Mode, and RZA of WuTang Clan; radio stations like Boston's iconic WGBH; and TV programming like CBS's "Survivor," the Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch," the World Cup broadcast, and the GRAMMY awards. Through an extensive licensing program, iZotope technology is also directly integrated into products made by industry-leaders such as Adobe, Avid, and Sony; video games from companies like Harmonix and Ubisoft; as well as a growing number of mobile phone applications.