- February 5, 2014
- December 26, 2013
AES Job Board
Banff Centre - Senior Recording Engineer - temporary position
Posted On: 2014-2-6
Location: Banff, AB, Canada
This is a 4.5 month termed position to fill a leave of absence.
The Film & Media department at The Banff Centre is looking for an experienced Senior Recording Engineer (SRE) to support the planning, production, and delivery of all activities within the audio area of the department as well as the smooth operation of Film & Media's music recording, audio production, and post-production objectives and deliverables. With the upcoming launch of three Banff Centre radio stations, the audio area is a key driver of the Banff Centre’s overall content capture and dissemination strategy.
Responsibilities will include:
• overseeing internal and external recording projects on an ongoing basis including live and studio recording sessions (including CD, demo, and concert recordings) and Banff Centre collaborative projects
• engineering, editing, mixing, mastering, and sound design of internal and external recording projects as assigned
• coordinating the scheduling of audio facilities related to production to support Banff Centre content capture and dissemination activities
• reviewing facility's usage and technical status regularly so as to recommend and implement policy, procedure, and development plans
• overseeing and undertaking detailed audio work-study adjudication, program planning, curriculum development, program delivery, and final evaluation
• scheduling, supervising, and mentoring audio work-study participants
• providing expertise and audio production support to all programming departments and cross-departmental multidisciplinary projects across The Banff Centre
• providing guidance and technical assessments to clients, both internal and external, with regard to facilities, artistic goals, and quality control of projects
If you take a collaborative approach to your work and possess the below qualifications, we would like to hear from you:
• graduate degree in sound recording or equivalent work experience
• at least five years of recognized, professional experience in the production and engineering of sound recordings in addition to at least five years' experience teaching at a recognized audio program
• able to work at high level with a wide variety of analog and digital technologies: automated large and small scale mixing consoles; various digital multi-track and hard disk recorders; digital workstations; various time-based, dynamic and timbral processors; time code, digital sync, video lock; surround sound formats and media systems; Macintosh and Windows proficiencies
• expert knowledge of the latest recording techniques for music, audio post-production, and alternate media
• superior interpersonal communication skills and the ability to thrive in a consultative, team environment
• exceptional time-management and stress-management skills
• Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check through the local R.C.M.P. detachment, verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be made.
• This position's responsibilities will require working irregular hours and weekends
• This position requires frequent lifting and moving of equipment
We are accepting applications for this position until a suitable candidate is found.
Employment Terms & Benefits
In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, 4.5 month termed, salaried support staff position, subject to a 4.5 month probationary period.
The salary for this position ranges between $4517.07 and $5019.73 per month depending on experience, working 40 hours per week.
To apply, visit our website at http://www.banffcentre.ca/careers/. Click on the Senior Recording Engineer job title and create a candidate profile for yourself.
Please mention AES00604 when applying for this position.
About Banff Centre
Box 1020, 107 Tunnel Mountain Drive
Banff, AB T1L 1H5
Phone: +1 403 762 6626
Fax: +1 403 762 6800
Our mission is Inspiring Creativity. In The Banff Centre’s powerful mountain setting in the heart of Banff National Park, exceptional artists and leaders from around the world create and perform new works of art; share skills and knowledge in an interdisciplinary environment; and explore ideas and develop solutions in the arts and leadership. The audio engineering work study programs are internationally-recognized for providing exceptional opportunities for professional development. The professionally-equipped recording, post-production, and editing facilities make the programs attractive for engineers, producers, musicians, artists, and researchers interested in recording, post-production, and audio research and development.