- February 5, 2014
- December 26, 2013
AES Job Board
DTS, Inc. - Senior Software Engineer
Posted On: 2014-2-5
Location: Calabasas, CA, USA
DTS is seeking an energetic and passionate Senior Software Engineer at DTS headquarters in Calabasas, CA reporting to the Principal Engineer, Customer Concepts & Tools.
While applying his or her unique personal experiences with audio, this team member will work with other experienced developers to design, communicate, and deliver important customer-facing tools, demonstration applications, and innovative proof-of-concepts. This new member will contribute to developing, improving, and extending a robust and portable audio component library that our team owns and publishes internally. He or she will frequently engage and collaborate with other technology teams within DTS to help define and deliver solutions that grow the company’s existing and future technology portfolio in a global market. Our team members are encouraged to invest in personal skill development and regularly share new knowledge with other team members and technology teams.
Serious applicants can anticipate being challenged on their knowledge of primary audio concepts, streaming audio implementations in C/C++, abstract and portable programming concepts, multi-threaded runtime behavior, and documentation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Develop and extend shared, portable audio components written in C and C++ with annotated documentation
• Design, code, and publish abstract interfaces and intuitive APIs with annotated documentation
• Participate in the design, planning, and coding of robust, cross-platform audio tools and applications written in C-family languages
• Implement and extend self-tests and other meta-tools (transforms/interpretive parsers)
• Collaborate by promoting best software practices, participating in and contribute to active code reviews, sharing new knowledge or discoveries, and engaging other teams
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• 7+ years’ experience developing, documenting, and debugging C and C++ code for reuse and portability
• 2+ year’s cross-platform / portable programming in C and C++
• 1+ years’ experience using a popular DAW (could include one you helped write)
• Proven track record including at least two shipped commercial audio applications where you have contributed mostly native (C/C++) code
Other Skills & Abilities:
• Positive outlook on challenges
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication in English
• Extracurricular interests in audio technology and/or musicianship
• Invests in continued learning such as regular reading, participation in open-source initiatives, learning new programming languages, and/or other personal projects
• Solid debugging and problem solving skills
• Works well with teams of varying backgrounds, experiences, and skills
• Proficiency with creating and configuring build environments, automating/scripting them
• Experience programming against audio engines like ASIO, CoreAudio, DirectSound, ALSA
• C# and Java experience a plus
Please apply http://www.dts.com/careers
Please mention AES00603 when applying for this position.
About DTS, Inc.
5220 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: +1 818 436 1000
Fax: +1 818 436 1999
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a digital technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. DTS decoders are in virtually every major brand of 5.1-channel surround processor, and there are hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products available worldwide. A pioneer in multichannel audio, DTS technology is in home theater, car audio, PC and game console products, as well as DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disc, and Surround Music software. Founded in 1993, DTS’ corporate headquarters are located in Agoura Hills, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.