- February 5, 2014
- December 26, 2013
AES Job Board
DTS, Inc. - Senior Director, Audio Codec R&D
Posted On: 2013-11-19
Location: Calabasas, CA, USA
DTS, Inc. seeks a motivated self-starter interested in working with a creative and talented team of engineers to contribute to the technology/product features definition, audio algorithm research and development, technology demonstration and promotion.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Research and design of new audio coding technologies, audibility and intelligibility enhancement technologies, 3D audio rendering technologies.
• Research and design of algorithmic improvements for DTS audio codec technologies, room / loudspeaker calibration technology, spatial audio processing technologies, loudness control and other audio enhancement technologies.
• Development of new algorithmic IP for audio processing solutions in the form of invention report submissions.
• Support members of a team in algorithm research and design tasks
• Performing research and feasibility studies including defining the scope and goals of audio research tasks and completion of detailed reports on results and recommendations for research and development activities.
Required Education and Experience
• PhD degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or related fields, with at least ten years of experience in audio research and algorithm design and development
• Ability to guide and assist members of the R&D group on algorithm design issues
• Experience in novel algorithm design for audio and/or speech codecs
• Knowledge of fixed-point effects on audio algorithm development
• Excellent technical writing and presentation skills
• Excellent communications and organizational skills
• Team oriented work ethics
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Familiarity/Experience with two or more technical fields from the following:
o Time-Frequency or sub-band-domain techniques for audio processing
o Standard audio codecs such as AAC, HE-AAC, WMA, AC3, USAC
o Spatial audio processing
Please apply today http://www.dts.com!
Please mention AES00587 when applying for this position.
About DTS, Inc.
5220 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: +1 818 436 1000
Fax: +1 818 436 1999
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a digital technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. DTS decoders are in virtually every major brand of 5.1-channel surround processor, and there are hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products available worldwide. A pioneer in multichannel audio, DTS technology is in home theater, car audio, PC and game console products, as well as DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disc, and Surround Music software. Founded in 1993, DTS’ corporate headquarters are located in Agoura Hills, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.