- November 26, 2013
- October 29, 2013
AES Job Board
iZotope, Inc. - Software Engineer - Build & Release
Posted On: 2013-10-25
Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
We are seeking a highly motivated Build/Release Engineer to design, improve and maintain our build and release infrastructure. As Build/Release Engineer for iZotope, you will be developing an efficient automated build process and continuous integration system. You will also be improving and maintaining product installer processes as well as providing critical support to our engineering and quality assurance teams. Qualified applicants should have in-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience working with systems for build, release and configuration management. Candidates should be capable of integrating 3rd party tools as well as implementing custom functionality into the build/release process to support the needs of iZotope engineering and quality assurance.
Responsibilities will include:
• Development and maintenance of a top quality automated build and release system
• Improvement and maintenance of product installer processes
• Working with engineering and quality assurance teams to provide build/release support for multiple products on a variety of platforms including desktop, mobile, embedded and cloud
• Implementing tools for metrics gathering and status reporting
• Troubleshooting build, test, packaging and installation issues
• Staying current on industry trends in build and release management
• 3 or more years experience working in a production environment
• BS Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• Expert knowledge of build, release and configuration management practices, including branch-based development and patch-oriented workflows
• Knowledge of 3rd party build systems (e.g. BuildBot, Bamboo or equivalent)
• Expertise in Python or similar scripting language
• Familiarity with one or more of the following programming languages: Java, C++, or Objective C
• Experience with software development environments and build utilities (e.g. Visual Studio, Xcode, Make)
• Experience with software version control systems (e.g. GIT) and bug trackers (e.g. Jira)
• Experience with one or more major desktop software install technologies (e.g. InstallShield, Inno, PackageMaker, ViseX or similar)
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Team player
• Experience with code signing tools (e.g. OSX codesign, Verisign or equivalent)
• Experience with authorization tools (e.g. PACE or similar)
• Familiarity with Agile software development using Scrum
• Experience with audio software and audio plugins
This opportunity is a full-time position located in our Cambridge, MA office. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Please mention AES00582 when applying for this position.
About iZotope, Inc.
700 Technology Square, Ste. 400
Cambridge, MA 02139
iZotope is a research-driven audio technology company based in Boston, Massachusetts. Its award-winning products and audio technologies are used by millions of people in over 50 countries, from consumers to musicians to major film, TV, and radio studios. Some of the diverse clients include musical giants like BT, Depeche Mode, and RZA of WuTang Clan; radio stations like Boston's iconic WGBH; and TV programming like CBS's "Survivor," the Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch," the World Cup broadcast, and the GRAMMY awards. Through an extensive licensing program, iZotope technology is also directly integrated into products made by industry-leaders such as Adobe, Avid, and Sony; video games from companies like Harmonix and Ubisoft; as well as a growing number of mobile phone applications.