- November 26, 2013
- October 29, 2013
AES Job Board
DTS, Inc. - Product Manager, Streaming & Media Solutions
Posted On: 2013-9-30
Location: Calabasas, CA, USA
The role of Product Manager, Streaming & Media Solutions requires a professional experienced in managing related products and technologies, ideally in a professional content production environment. The candidate will oversee the integration of DTS technologies into third-party tools used in the creation and delivery of DTS-enabled content. This role will require the candidate to manage products from product conception to launch and end of life.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Lead a collaborative effort with cross-functional teams to develop product roadmaps, including strategies, core positioning, and messaging for products and technologies
• Collect and present key market feedback while working within product teams to prioritize features, develop timelines, and track projects
• Deliver product requirements documents with business justifications and prioritized features
• Work closely with engineering teams to define SDK requirements, including certification expectations
• Maintain expert-level knowledge of customer production trends, technology changes, and competitive factors and provide reports to stakeholders
• Advocate and promote DTS products and technologies at tradeshows, trainings, and PR events, including attendance as a product expert at events, as needed
• Perform internal new product/technology demos and train team members on new products and features
• Manage licensing and legal paperwork for new and existing licensee
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Audio Engineering, or related engineering degree is required and an advanced degree is a plus
• 5 or more years of relevant experience managing related products and technologies, ideally in a professional content production environment
Other Skills & Abilities:
• Deep technical understanding of post-production and digital delivery workflows from studio to consumer device, which includes transcoding and multiplexing products, QC and workflow management tools, content streaming protocols and client/player dependencies
• Proficient in Mac OS, and Windows operating systems with the ability to troubleshoot common issues
• Knowledgeable about audio, audio formats, and streaming technologies
• Previous technical project management and systems integration experience is desired
• Linux and command-line proficiency is a plus
• Proficiency with AVID Pro Tools, plug-ins, or similar production software such as Final Cut Pro or Nuendo is a plus
• A strong understanding of audio mixing solutions, including broadcast, digital cinema, home video, music and games, is a plus
• Experience with SDK/API deliverables, including documentation, and command-line scripting experience and GUI design is a plus
• Excellent customer facing skills with a proven business acumen, with the ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts
• Strong teamwork and project-related skills, ensuring open communication channels across the consumer and technology teams
• Ability to travel up to 15% of the time (primarily domestic)
Please apply www.dts.com!
Please mention AES00571 when applying for this position.
About DTS, Inc.
5220 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: +1 818 436 1000
Fax: +1 818 436 1999
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a digital technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. DTS decoders are in virtually every major brand of 5.1-channel surround processor, and there are hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products available worldwide. A pioneer in multichannel audio, DTS technology is in home theater, car audio, PC and game console products, as well as DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disc, and Surround Music software. Founded in 1993, DTS’ corporate headquarters are located in Agoura Hills, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.