- November 26, 2013
- October 29, 2013
AES Job Board
iZotope, Inc. - Senior Product Manager
Posted On: 2013-9-24
Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
iZotope is seeking a Senior Product Manager to help us craft innovative products that inspire and enable our customers to be creative. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, ambitious and creative individual, who possesses the desire, ability and the experience to lead a team (or teams) to greatness. Ever curious and outgoing, the Senior Product Manager thrives on learning from customers and team members alike. To that extent, 10%-15% domestic and international travel is expected – to attend trade shows, events, and to visit and interview customers.
The candidate must have the domain expertise in one or more our target markets (music production, post production / audio for video, live sound, music performance, DJ) to be able to understand, appreciate and anticipate our customers’ needs and wants. Unlike an iZotope Product Designer, who is focused on the “how” of developing compelling user experiences and workflows within the implementation of a product, the iZotope Product Manager is focused more on “why” the company should develop the product, connecting to our company vision and strategic outcomes.
Regarding the responsibilities of the iZotope Senior Product Manager, the product development pipeline proceeds as follows, following an Agile Scrum methodology:
• The Product Manager collaborates with stakeholders to develop business justifications for new products or updates to existing products.
• If approved, the PM will further a business justification into a more elaborate and detailed Release Plan, which includes the development of a prioritized and estimated release backlog of user stories, achieved only through close collaboration with a product team.
• Once a Release Plan is authorized by stakeholders, the Product Manager is responsible for recurring Sprint Planning and will working closely with Product Designers to develop features and workflows from user stories.
• Throughout the release, Product Managers will keep the team and stakeholders aligned on product release goals.
• Product Managers will work closely with Marketing to produce product launch deliverables and campaigns.
• Product Managers will be responsible for multiple products within a business segment, and will continually track the health of released products.
In addition, the Senior Product Manager will play an active role in company strategy and long term product planning.
Senior Product Manager candidates will have 7-10 years of relevant experience, spanning multiple target markets. This position is full-time and requires the candidate to work at our office in Cambridge, MA.
To apply please follow this link:
Please mention AES00567 when applying for this position.
About iZotope, Inc.
700 Technology Square, Ste. 400
Cambridge, MA 02139
iZotope is a research-driven audio technology company based in Boston, Massachusetts. Its award-winning products and audio technologies are used by millions of people in over 50 countries, from consumers to musicians to major film, TV, and radio studios. Some of the diverse clients include musical giants like BT, Depeche Mode, and RZA of WuTang Clan; radio stations like Boston's iconic WGBH; and TV programming like CBS's "Survivor," the Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch," the World Cup broadcast, and the GRAMMY awards. Through an extensive licensing program, iZotope technology is also directly integrated into products made by industry-leaders such as Adobe, Avid, and Sony; video games from companies like Harmonix and Ubisoft; as well as a growing number of mobile phone applications.