- November 26, 2013
- October 29, 2013
AES Job Board
Cambridge Silicon Radio-CSR - Audio DSP Engineer
Posted On: 2013-9-13
Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA
DSP Software Engineer
CSR is at the forefront of developing semiconductors and software for a host of world-leading technology platforms and standards, including Bluetooth®, GPS and other location technologies, FM radio, Wi-Fi®, Near Field Communication and numerous others.
An employee in this position will be primarily involved with DSP software implementation of algorithmic solutions applied to audio.
• Writing, debugging, optimizing and testing of Matlab, embedded C and assembly source code with an emphasis on audio applications
• Maintenance and improvement of existing audio algorithm code base including noise reduction, acoustic echo cancellation, automatic gain control, voice activity detection, packet loss compensation and other audio enhancements
• Supporting Research and Feasibility Studies including defining the scope and goals of audio research tasks and completion of detailed reports on results and recommendations for development activities
• Software development of new algorithmic audio processing solutions including the existing areas mentioned above and additionally including state of the art audio codecs, audibility and intelligibility enhancements, microphone array processing, 3D audio and other audio effects and enhancements
• Project management tasks including creation and maintenance of requirements and schedule documentation for assigned projects
• Provide international customer support, liaison, technical training and conference papers as dictated by the assigned projects.
• Advanced degree or significant experience in algorithm design for audio or speech signal processing
• Experience using Matlab
• Knowledge of fixed-point DSP programming
• General familiarity with audio processing techniques for voice and music
• Knowledge of/experience with industry standards
• Knowledge of analog and digtal data structure, communication protocols and drivers.
• Ability to take ownership of projects with minimal supervision
• Ability to guide and assist members of the group on technical issues.
• MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering with emphasis in audio or speech signal processing
• Experience in analyzing audio problems using tools such as Matlab, Adobe Audition and objective evaluation tools
• Knowledge of C/C++, assembly language and a scripting language such as Perl
• Experience with standard codecs; such as MP3, AAC, WMA, SBC; and echo cancellation and noise reduction techniques
• Familiarity with audio portions of wireless standards such as Bluetooth
• Experience with standard DAC, ADC, data flow controls, SPI, I2C, PCM, uLaw, aLaw and others.
• Exposure to a multitude of DSP platforms.
• Familiarity with hands-free systems, consumer audio equipment and testing techniques
• Experience writing windows applications and extensions using MFC, DOTNET and COM frameworks, with C/C++, VB, and/or C# languages
TO APPLY ON-LINE, PLEASE CLICK HERE
Please mention AES00565 when applying for this position.
About Cambridge Silicon Radio-CSR
Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road
Founded in 1999, CSR is a leading provider of wireless connectivity and audio devices. Core to our business is improving the end-user experience with high-quality audio applications that include: mobile handsets, portable media players, portable navigation devices, gaming, hi-fi, loudspeakers, docking stations, TV, and mono or stereo headsets. To further heighten the end user experience for high quality audio, CSR provides the aptX codec for multiple applications and platforms. Our family of BlueCore devices integrate audio codecs and powerful DSP processors that provide a flexible platform for consumer audio applications. The aptX range of audio codec’s are synonymous with audio integrity and are used extensively within the professional audio and broadcast market. Our suite of audio processing algorithms can enable highly optimized speech and music enhancements without compromising battery life, cost, and form factor. Key to our speech processing capability is our Clear Voice Capture (CVC) suite of enhancement algorithms.