- November 26, 2013
- October 29, 2013
AES Job Board
Cambridge Silicon Radio-CSR - Audio Validation Engineer
Posted On: 2013-9-13
Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA
CSR is a pioneering designer and developer of silicon and software for the consumer electronics market. We help to transform the lives of motorists, photographers, music lovers, mobile phone users and other gadget-loving consumers. CSR is dedicated to finding simple solutions to complex problems. Using our track record working with leading brands, our highly skilled engineers develop world-class technologies that realize the potential of a wide range of devices to make peoples' lives and experiences easier, richer and more varied.
We are looking for an Audio Validation Engineer to be responsible for implementing and executing audio validation and acoustic system analyses for CSR voice and music based products along with specialized customer applications.
This person would take ownership for the automated software testing and/or manual system level testing of consumer audio products. Additionally, you would be responsible for the creation of automation scripts, develop test plans, and delivery of auto generated test results on an agreed timescale.
• Develop automation test scripts (Matlab or Perl scripts) for the purpose of validating the audio
performance of voice and music based products. Scripts shall calculate objective metrics and
statistics to be used for performance analysis and accept / reject sorting.
• Conduct manual or automated validation test plans and procedures for hands-free and consumer
• Actively test, interpret, analyze and report on the audio systems performance.
• Troubleshoot software defects in an effort to identify the root cause of the failure, or report the
failure conditions to development engineers for corrective action. C code, fixed point assembly
and python will be beneficial when troubleshooting.
• Writing of regression test cases for issues found by customers and developers.
• Hands-on tuning of CSR audio products using objective and subjective analysis.
• Provide global customer support, training, consulting, and mentoring on issues related to system
audio, acoustics, DSP algorithm, application software and hardware.
• Scrutinize and represent the interests of the company on relevant standards bodies, journals,
trade shows and industry conferences.
• Bachelor degree (or equivalent qualification/ experience) in maths, science, software and/or
• Excellent proven understanding of software test methodologies and debug techniques
• Advanced experience writing high level language programs and scripts such as Matlab, Perl, TCL and Python.
• Enthusiasm for problem solving
• Application knowledge with audio codecs such as MP3, AAC, WMA, SBC, AC-3 and DTS
• Effective team player with good communication skills
• Self-reliant, able to take ownership of projects with minimal supervision
• Knowledgeable to conduct and designing subjective listening evaluations using repeatable and
• Familiarity with hands-free systems, consumer audio equipment and testing techniques
TO APPLY ON-LINE, PLEASE CLICK HERE
Please mention AES00564 when applying for this position.
About Cambridge Silicon Radio-CSR
Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road
Founded in 1999, CSR is a leading provider of wireless connectivity and audio devices. Core to our business is improving the end-user experience with high-quality audio applications that include: mobile handsets, portable media players, portable navigation devices, gaming, hi-fi, loudspeakers, docking stations, TV, and mono or stereo headsets. To further heighten the end user experience for high quality audio, CSR provides the aptX codec for multiple applications and platforms. Our family of BlueCore devices integrate audio codecs and powerful DSP processors that provide a flexible platform for consumer audio applications. The aptX range of audio codec’s are synonymous with audio integrity and are used extensively within the professional audio and broadcast market. Our suite of audio processing algorithms can enable highly optimized speech and music enhancements without compromising battery life, cost, and form factor. Key to our speech processing capability is our Clear Voice Capture (CVC) suite of enhancement algorithms.