- November 26, 2013
- October 29, 2013
AES Job Board
DTS, Inc. - Director, QA & Operations
Posted On: 2013-9-12
Location: Calabasas, CA, USA
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Product Commercialization, the Director, QA and Operations will lead the Software Quality Assurance, Audio Fidelity, Build Engineering and Operations teams to ensure that DTS products conform to existing and new software engineering processes and procedures. The role requires the candidate to define and develop testing strategies and service offerings to meet the various project requirements and ensure the success of the team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Lead a cross-functional software release management team, comprised of critical listening audio quality team , software quality assurance engineers, build engineers and software release operations personnel.
• Set and manage team goals and initiatives to align with organization and company-wide goals
• Develop, define, and execute project plans
• Identify needed resources for projects, and assigns major project roles
• Monitor programs and projects from initiation through delivery and interface directly with other Engineering teams
• Organize project activities and interdepartmental meetings to ensure communication and completion of the programs and projects on schedule and within budget constraints
• Assign and monitor work of personnel providing support and interpretation of instructions and objectives. Work includes, but is not limited to:
• Review all development and quality plans for clarity and completeness
• Participate in design and code inspections
Required Education and Experience
• Masters of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Computer Engineering or equivalent experience required
• 8+ years experience in SQA required
• 4+ years in a software engineering operations management position, growing and managing a QA and operations department
• 2+ years in automated software build management
• Understanding of the software product life cycle from inception to end of life, including testing of products, requirements verification, build and release management, and software version management.
• Experience using Agile/Scrum development techniques.
• Build and release management experience with source code control systems (e.g. Mercurial, Git, Subversion), issue trackers (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla) and continuous integration build systems (e.g. AntHill Pro, Electric Commander)
• Fundamental knowledge of audio testing and DSP required
• Demonstrated quality assurance and release management acumen with an excellent track record of advocating teamwork and building strong, collaborative working relationships across the organization
• Experience developing and leading the development of automated test suites
• Experience with C/C++ programming, scripting languages (e.g. Bash/Python/Perl),
• Experience with Windows, Linux and Mac OS X environments, GUI automation and GNU toolchain (compiler/debugger) testing. Experience with Android and iOS is a plus.
Please apply online www.dts.com.
Please mention AES00563 when applying for this position.
About DTS, Inc.
5220 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: +1 818 436 1000
Fax: +1 818 436 1999
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a digital technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. DTS decoders are in virtually every major brand of 5.1-channel surround processor, and there are hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products available worldwide. A pioneer in multichannel audio, DTS technology is in home theater, car audio, PC and game console products, as well as DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disc, and Surround Music software. Founded in 1993, DTS’ corporate headquarters are located in Agoura Hills, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.