- November 26, 2013
- October 29, 2013
AES Job Board
DTS, Inc. - Senior Software Engineer
Posted On: 2013-9-12
Location: Calabasas, CA or Santa Ana, CA, USA
Reporting to the Director of Software and Applications, the candidate will take a leading role in designing and implementing DTS audio solutions on various OS platforms. The successful candidate will deliver these solutions, then work with leading PC and phone manufacturers to integrate these solutions on their devices.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Integrate and optimize DTS audio solutions on mobile and PC platforms
- Design and implement cross-platform solutions to portably pass information between different OS architectures
- Design and implement audio control interfaces to be used by application developers both inside and outside DTS
- Work with teams inside DTS to deliver code in a way that ports easily to multiple OS platforms.
- Work with audio codec vendors, chip manufacturers, and device OEMs to integrate and customize DTS audio solutions
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years experience developing C++ code for OS internals
- Experience in software architecture, designing extensible, portable systems
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience programming digital audio, particularly linear PCM
- Knowledge of the system audio path on at least one major OS (e.g. Windows, Android, etc)
- Ability to learn new platforms at the system level
- Knowledge of Microsoft WHCK a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please apply online www.dts.com.
Please mention AES00560 when applying for this position.
About DTS, Inc.
5220 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: +1 818 436 1000
Fax: +1 818 436 1999
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a digital technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. DTS decoders are in virtually every major brand of 5.1-channel surround processor, and there are hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products available worldwide. A pioneer in multichannel audio, DTS technology is in home theater, car audio, PC and game console products, as well as DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disc, and Surround Music software. Founded in 1993, DTS’ corporate headquarters are located in Agoura Hills, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.