- November 26, 2013
- October 29, 2013
AES Job Board
DTS, Inc. - Software Engineer
Posted On: 2013-9-12
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Software Engineer Job Code 1354
Reporting to the Director of Consumer Platforms, this position will take a lead role integrating DTS audio solutions on a variety of embedded platforms. The successful candidate will work in concert with IC and OS partners to engineer optimized software solutions for various OEM customers building consumer-facing products. Experience designing and implementing end-to-end software systems – particularly inter-operation between host operating system and adjunct DSP – is critical. This job requires extensive on-site work with DTS partners in Southern California.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Design and implement system integration of DTS audio solutions on strategic mobile & PC operating systems; create IC-specific customizations when necessary
- Design and implement audio programming interfaces to be used by a broad developer community
- Work with both ODMs and OEMs to integrate and customize DTS audio solutions
- Technology leader able to structure and facilitate communication between customers and DTS colleagues
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years experience programming C/C++ for OS internals
- Expert knowledge of the system audio path on at least one major OS (e.g. Windows, Android, Chromium, etc); familiar with RTOS concepts
- Programming for audio DSP a plus
- Excellent debugging skills, especially on resource constrained systems with limited debugging support.
- Experience programming digital audio, particularly considering linear PCM
- Candidate must be a team player who is capable of contributing at all technical levels as part of a dedicated project team as well as independently
- Candidate should have good analytical and problem solving skill as well as the ability and eagerness to learn with minimal oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Languages: expertise with C, C++ a must; familiarity with Java, scripting languages (Python, PERL, or similar) a plus
- Tools: APEX, WireShark (Ethereal); Make/CMake, GNU Toolchain, Eclipse, Android NDK, Visual Studio, QXDM, QPST, QCAT
- Process-related: Jira, Confluence, Repo, Git, Mercurial, xUnit framework
Please apply online www.dts.com.
Please mention AES00559 when applying for this position.
About DTS, Inc.
5220 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: +1 818 436 1000
Fax: +1 818 436 1999
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a digital technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. DTS decoders are in virtually every major brand of 5.1-channel surround processor, and there are hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products available worldwide. A pioneer in multichannel audio, DTS technology is in home theater, car audio, PC and game console products, as well as DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disc, and Surround Music software. Founded in 1993, DTS’ corporate headquarters are located in Agoura Hills, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.