- November 26, 2013
- October 29, 2013
AES Job Board
Shure Incorporated - Acoustics Engineer
Posted On: 2013-8-30
Location: Niles, IL, USA
Manufacturing of microphones, pro audio gear and consumer electronics. Throughout the history of our company, the success and reputation of the Shure brand has been defined by our continuous commitment to Total Quality, and it shows with every product we make. Put simply, microphones and audio electronics are our life. So whether you're a life-long Shure groupie, or purchasing Shure products for the first time, we're confident you'll experience the same level of Total Quality audio professionals have appreciated for over 80 years. Shure has been voted one of Chicago's "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" six times.
We currently have an opportunity for an Acoustics Engineer to join our Product Development Division based in Niles, IL at our Corporate Headquarters. In this role you will assist with the design and implementation of high quality and highly reliable transducers, microphones, and integrated electro-acoustical systems. Our team of Acoustics Engineers supports new product development teams by designing electro-acoustical circuits, building and evaluating prototypes, performing experiments, and generating documentation for a variety of different audio equipment.
Additional duties will include:
· Electro-acoustical experiments of new designs to demonstrate how the product will respond when used by our customers
· Fabricates working models of various design concepts
· Develops and implements practical knowledge of frequency response, polar patterns, sensitivity, dynamic range, and distortion
· Develops an understanding, from a theoretical and practical view, of the typical materials used or suggested for use in the construction of transducers
· Assists in the improvement of productivity and quality of existing designs
· Provides support to manufacturing by resolving technical issues associated with components, parts, products or systems
To be considered for this position we will require a Bachelor’s degree in Acoustical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and a minimum of two years of experience in electro-acoustics and the factors that affect the performance of various designs. In addition:
· Ability to develop and implement practical acoustic knowledge of THD, frequency response, polar patterns, and sensitivity
· Understanding of the typical materials used or suggested for use in the construction of microphone transducers
· Ability to solve problem of moderate scope based on the analysis of the situation and exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
Please apply online at http://www.Shure.com/Careers
Please mention AES00556 when applying for this position.
About Shure Incorporated
5800 West Touhy Ave.
Niles, IL 60714
Phone: +1 847 600 6417
Fax: +1 847 600 1212
Founded in 1925, Shure Incorporated (www.shure.com) is widely acknowledged as the world’s leading manufacturer of microphones and audio electronics. Over the years, the company has designed and produced many high-quality professional and consumer audio products that have become legendary for performance, reliability, and value. Shure’s diverse product line includes world-class wired microphones and wireless microphone systems for performers and presenters, award-winning earphones and headsets for MP3 players and smartphones, and top-rated phonograph cartridges for professional DJs. Today, Shure products are the first choice whenever audio performance is a top priority. Shure Incorporated corporate headquarters is located in Niles, Illinois, in the United States. The company has additional manufacturing facilities and regional sales offices in China, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, The United Kingdom, and the United States.