Posted On: 2019-1-21
Location: Richardson, TX, USA
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment, and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
Responsible for developing & maintaining software platforms associated with next-generation audio, video, light & control systems in Professional Solutions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
• Responsible for developing, deploying & maintaining software platforms associated with next-generation audio, video & control systems for Professional Solutions.
• Working knowledge of software development tools (debuggers, compilers, etc).
• Working knowledge of software development processes.
• Working knowledge of operating systems.
• Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
• Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
• Participates in internal and customer-driven design reviews throughout a program.
• Coordinates software development activities with the software team leader.
• Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with the software team leader to negotiate a resolution.
• Manages projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
• Master or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in architecting & developing large-scale software applications in C# and .NET.
• Experience with building highly scalable APIs supporting large high-volume mission-critical environments.
• Profound knowledge of OOA/OOD, UML, and object-oriented software languages
• Profound knowledge of software architecture styles and design principles.
• Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment.
• Experience building cross-platform applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• A strong ability to build relations and work independently.
• Experience with Scrum in an Agile Development environment and familiarity with relevant tools
• Communication Skills - While it is required this person to be technically skilled, he/she must also be able to communicate effectively with customers and constituents outside the engineering organization. This person must have the ability to promote and explain technology initiatives to business leaders outside of the technology organization and to external partners and customers.
• Domain Expertise - Understanding of Professional Solutions in the domain of Audio, Video, Lighting & Control will be an added advantage. Knowledge of professional system control technologies is highly desirable.
• Willingness to travel 5% of the time.
• Willingness to work in an office in Richardson, TX.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
How to Apply: Please apply directly to the role at career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=114850&company=harman&username=...
Please mention AES001219 when applying for this position.
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!