Posted On: 2019-1-18
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Electronic sound reproduction devices are growing in popularity and new products appear on the market all the time. Consumers are becoming sound connoisseurs, so great quality sound is more important than ever - and we take this very seriously. In fact, we are obsessed with sound and in our lab we want to understand, make, break and design sound so our customers continue to give us top ratings. We work with simulations, prototyping, testing and subjective evaluations to achieve the perfect sound. Our customers actively seek out high quality sound so we are always on the lookout for new and innovative ways to create that perfect pitch.
Our fantastic Acoustic and Electronics team consists of six highly skilled engineers. To keep pace with our fast company growth, we now need to expand the team and bring in another passionate and dedicated colleague. We are looking for someone who can work on product development projects, working closely with our teams within industrial design, mechanical engineering, software/tech, and UX as well as external partners and factories.
We are super passionate about what we do and we expect nothing less from the new Acoustic Engineer. You are a self-motivated person with a positive, flexible and pragmatic mindset and a true team-player that appreciates working together with your colleagues for our common success. We’d like you to take own initiative and always push for continuous improvements in both your and the teams’ ways of working, as well as in technical solutions.
In the role of Acoustic Engineer your main work task is to ensure stable and cost efficient acoustic and electronic design for our headphones and speakers to achieve the best possible perceived sound characteristics. You are also responsible for:
• Owning and leading acoustics design, verification, reviews and documentation in appointed projects
- Work with internal and external partners to define, review and agree on product requirements and design solutions
- Majority of design and verification work is done by and/or together with external partners, our focus is on defining and setting requirements and reviewing deliveries from our partners
- Give recommendations of design and component selection before gates, milestones and builds in appointed projects
- Make sure that quality in mass production is secured
• Performing acoustic and electrical tests, measurements and subjective evaluations on a suited level and frequency
• Continuously studying the latest technologies and solutions available on the market
- Perform technical competitor benchmark studies
• Giving input to and help driving improvements
- Help drive possible product performance and quality improvements
- Improve our processes regarding ways of working
- Contribute to lab improvements by recommending investments for lab and keep it in excellent order
The Acoustic Engineer reports to the Manager of the Acoustic and Electronics department.
We believe that you have relevant education within the field of engineering and have been working for a few years within the field of electroacoustic engineering and sound reproduction. You have a passionate approach to sound and appreciate a structured way of working where documentation is a natural part of your daily work. If you have experience and competence in electronics, antenna and DSP, it´s a major plus.
In order to succeed as an Acoustic Engineer you like to get things done and you are always one step ahead. We expect you to be very self-driven, reliable and confident in taking responsibility. You have excellent organization skills and the ability to deliver results in a constantly changing environment. Also, you are a valued team player with attention to detail. As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Does this sound like you?
So, if you are up to the task of designing excellent quality sound with competent and super passionate colleagues around you, as well as working for a fast moving organization in constant change, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume and along with description about why you like to join us as soon as possible on our website: https://www.zoundindustries.com/jobs/
We´re looking forward to your application!
Please mention AES001218 when applying for this position.
111 20 Stockholm
Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has gone from strength to strength since first hitting the market in 2008, launching a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 200 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2017 turnover hit an all-time high of SEK 1.4 billion. In February 2018, Zound announced a new partnership with Adidas, with initial products due to hit the market in 2019.