Posted On: 2019-1-7
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Dirac’s Core Tech team is relentlessly pioneering the field of digital signal processing for audio optimization, to bring the most out of every sound system in the mobile, home, and automotive spaces. We are now in the phase of scaling up our business and expanding our research activities.
As a Senior Research Engineer at our Core Tech team you have a key role of designing algorithms that improve the sound on a great variety of customer products. We think that you will thrive in a creative environment where you very closely get to influence our products and you are not afraid of taking on new and unexpected challenges. Your work and ideas benefit hundreds of millions of consumer electronic devices each day.
• Perform technical research and development in audio DSP algorithms
• Develop and integrate audio DSP algorithms and technologies for the professional, consumer, and mobile audio environments.
• Monitor current trends and changes in technology, including the state-of-the-art innovations in your area of expertise.
• Actively enhance Dirac’s IP portfolio with new DSP IP.
• Design, write, and debug code in C/C++ or MATLAB as appropriate
• Test and evaluate audio algorithm.
• Collaborate with peers, both in the local office and in facilities globally.
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math or related fields.
• 5+ year experience with digital signal processing, in particular, speech and/or audio processing.
• Experience with C/C++ language programming for DSP applications.
• Good knowledge in psychoacoustics
• Good working knowledge in MATLAB.
• Experience in current DSP architectures such as Cirrus, Analog Devices, Tensilica Qualcomm, ARM/Neon
• Experience in Python and Android.
• Expertise in speech and audio processing areas, such as compressors, limiters, multiband and multirate processing.
• Signal processing-related machine learning experience
• Knowledge and experience with loudspeakers and amplifiers
• Experience in listening tests
• A passion for audio and music!
How to Apply: We will interview candidates on going so warm welcome with your application today. We warmly welcome female applicants to this position. For more information please contact HR Manager Anna Nordanstig firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit your application to email@example.com.
Please mention AES001216 when applying for this position.
753 20 Uppsala
Dirac is a world-renowned audio technology company and one of the hottest IT companies in Sweden on a mission to invent the future of sound. Our team of engineers and scientists deliver optimized sound solutions for mobile, automotive, residential and commercial environments, achieving dramatically improved sound quality and a shortened time-to-market. Many of the most respected and recognizable electronics manufacturers spanning the globe already use Dirac technologies in their products, including Harman, Huawei, OnePlus, OPPO, Xiaomi, Pioneer, Volvo, Rolls Royce, and many others. Dirac maintains its headquarters in Uppsala, Sweden and has representatives in Japan, USA, Korea, Germany and China. Dirac grows rapidly and the team in Uppsala currently consists of more than 60 people.