Posted On: 2018-10-22
Location: Ozark, Missouri, USA
In this position, you will be part of the Consumer Entertainment Technology engineering team working with external customers, Dolby Researchers, and other internal Dolby teams to bring new audio experiences to new devices. We are seeking an experienced Audio Electrical Hardware Engineer to work in the design and development of audio electrical hardware systems in consumer products. The successful applicant will be working with the Product Development and Engineering teams and manufacturing partners to bring world class audio products from concept to market.
As an Audio Systems Engineering the Dolby CEG group, the qualified candidate will contribute to development will of audio subsystems based on test hardware and software that enables the a new next generation of Dolby technologies.
- You will need to be a technical leader who understands system architecture issues and contributes innovative ideas, a system-level problem solver
- Develop audio hardware with a system level/holistic approach to optimize system efficiency, performance, and cost, from input to output
- Design analog and digital electronics hardware with an emphasis on audio band applications. This will require experience with audio band data conversion, mixed signal analysis, power amplification, and control loop theory
- Simulate and analyze new circuit topologies for use within audio electronics, loudspeakers, and power conversion devices.
- Create design documents (schematics, test procedures, bill of materials, etc.) necessary to support and build products that Dolby will be developing
- Work and collaborate with a broad cross-functional team to ensure new product designs are developed with proper attention to quality, manufacturing, supply chain, and life cycle details
- Support product derivative initiatives that expand existing Dolby product portfolios.
- Lead, mentor, and support junior engineers in their career development and project design efforts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to assist in product definition and feasibility PLM phases
- Perform competitive product analysis and benchmarking
- Stay abreast of industry trends in electronicsdesign and simulation
- Evaluate supplier capabilities
- Assist in building electro acoustic reference designs, proof of concept designs, and demonstration platforms
- Assist in prototyping complete audio subsystems for consumer entertainment products such as televisions, sound bars, PCs, etc.
- Assist in module level definitions for amplifier, transducers, transducer modules
- Assist in building electroacoustic reference designs, proof of concept designs, and demonstration platforms
- Measure electroacoustic performance of transducers, transducer modules, system level integration of modules
- Tune and optimize the acoustic performance of reference designs, demo platforms, using a variety of internal and external DSP t
- Contribute to design and documentation of customer-facing tests which verify that acoustic performance requirements are met.
- Support tuning activities at customer locations as required
- Debug system issues by determining if problems exist in hardware or software.
- Work with senior engineers to establish and document product test plans. Provides technical support for broadcast business group initiatives.
- Review system architectures; contribute to definition of requirements for integrating Dolby technologies into consumer entertainment playback products.
- Collaborate with technical writers to produce customer-facing technical documentation.
- Utilize and adapt existing test automation tools.
- Report as needed, issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
- Setup, configure, and maintain software test labs and test environments.
- Stay abreast of industry product design trendssoftware testing tools and best practices
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of industry proven experience
- Experience with high fidelity analog & digital audio circuit design, operational amplifiers, and high dynamic range audio data converter
- Experience with audio power amplifier design - emphasis on high-efficiency techniques such as Class-D amplifiers preferred
- Solid understanding of switch-mode power conversion for use in DC/DC power supplies
- Familiarity with high frequency magnetic design utilized within switching power converters
- Experience designing circuits and products that meet international compliance and safety regulations
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform design & development tasks with minimal oversight
- Great team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient using engineering development tools – circuit simulation, schematic capture, numerical computing environments, integrated development environments, etc.
- Proficiency with Mentor Graphics development tools would be preferred
- Skilled using laboratory test & measurement equipment such as mixed signal oscilloscopes, audio analyzers, power analyzers, etc.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically
- Proven ability of working hands-on and multitasking
Solid written, verbal and technical language proficiency
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, with one or more trips per year
- Willing to relocate to the Springfield, Missouri area
Please mention AES001201 when applying for this position.
1275 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) creates audio, video, and voice technologies that transform entertainment and communications in mobile devices, at the cinema, at home, and at work. For more than 50 years, sight and sound experiences have become more vibrant, clear, and powerful in Dolby. For more information, please visit www.dolby.com.