Posted On: 2018-10-22
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
As an Embedded Audio Software Staff Engineer on a high impact strategic initiative beyond the core business, you will be responsible to design, implement, and port embedded audio software that enables the next generation of immersive entertainment experiences created by Dolby. The candidate hired for this position will be part of an engineering team based in San Francisco that works with innovative technologies in a fast-paced and creative environment. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology and possesses an innate understanding of the principles that underpin good software design and employs these principles through the design process.
• Design and develop audio algorithms intended for deployment in consumer electronics
• Port algorithms to applicable embedded targets (DSP and ARM), with both fixed point and floating point targets
• Optimize algorithms to ensure best performance while maintaining a low power consumption envelope
• Work with engineering teams to integrate audio algorithms into actual products
The successful candidate will have prior experience with embedded audio software in the context of high volume consumer electronics. Your experience contributing to the designing, developing and porting to embedded projects will be important. Experience with end-to-end product development, including the SW integration in a HW environment will be valuable. Understanding the tools needed for embedded audio software product development and releases will be essential.
You will need to work effectively in a highly technical cross functional global environment interfacing directly with various technical leaders across Dolby.
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 6-10 years experience.
• Proficiency in developing software in C/C++.
• Deep understanding of embedded audio software development.
• Demonstrable experience designing and implementing audio processing signal chains.
• Demonstrable experience developing efficient (memory, CPU and bandwidth) software for both floating and fixed point targets.
• Demonstrable experience in control and configuration of the audio software from the applications layer.
• Deep understanding of audio and digital signal processing.
• Knowledge about interactions among UI layer to middleware and to kernel level is a plus.
• Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and LUA is a plus.
• Familiarity with the tools used in assessing SW robustness.
Please mention AES001199 when applying for this position.
1275 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) creates audio, video, and voice technologies that transform entertainment and communications in mobile devices, at the cinema, at home, and at work. For more than 50 years, sight and sound experiences have become more vibrant, clear, and powerful in Dolby. For more information, please visit www.dolby.com.