Posted On: 2018-7-11
Location: Bridgend, Wales
In Tymphany we are all audio enthusiasts. But if you really want to find someone who lives and breathes acoustics, go to R&D, where colleagues are always excited about new projects in development or new interesting products that are being introduced. Come and join the Tymphany R&D team, work with people who love their job and finally set your design spirit free :-)
• Executing the structured product design for acoustics and audio systems of premium brands down to component and module level within the mechanical area.
• Application of simulation and analysis tools where applicable (static, modal, dynamic, tolerance chain analysis).
• Application of the design risk analysis tools (DFMEA, design reviews, CTQ).
• Involvement in DFM and feasibility reviews with suppliers.
• Creating and maintaining product design documentation.
• Active participation in development and improvement of methods within the product design process.
• Researching new technology, materials and processes.
• University degree of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience in a similar position as part of the product development program is an advantage.
• Knowledge and practical experience in creating 3D assembly & component models and 2D drawings.
• Knowledge of product drawing standards and 2D/3D tools (SolidWorks preferred).
• General mechanical engineering technology knowledge (plastic molding design, pressed/stamped parts).
• Tolerance analysis and influence into design and process, knowledge of GD&T.
• General understanding of risk analysis tools – design and prototype reviews, DFMEA, DFM&A.
• Prototyping, rapid development of samples, 3D printing, CNC and machining.
• Ability to communicate in English at a technical level.
• An opportunity to be part of exciting international projects in a growing company.
• A meaningful job with solutions being implemented into everyday work.
• A cooperative company culture fuelled by love and passion for audio.
• Attractive working conditions (flexible working hours, contribution for pension, 37.5 hours working week, healthcare and benefits package, 28 days of holiday).
• Knowledge of transducers and/or speaker systems would be desirable but not required.
How to Apply: If you are keen to give it a try, send us your CV in English. We look forward to receiving your application and meeting you in person!
Director of UK Design Centre
Tymphany Acoustic Technology (UK) Ltd
Unit 12 Horsefair Road, Waterton Industrial Estate,
Bridgend, CF31 3YN
Telephone: + 44(0)1656 253187
Please mention AES001170 when applying for this position.
10F, No.19-2, Sanchong Rd.
Building D/Park1/Nankang Software Park
Nangang Dist., Taipei City 115
Tymphany designs and manufactures some of the most innovative consumer and professional audio systems on the market. The company also sells a full line of speaker drivers under the Peerless by Tymphany brand. The company’s roots go back to 1926 when Peerless was founded in Denmark. In the proceeding 90 years, Tymphany has grown to be a premiere audio ODM with over 3,000 employees. The company has worldwide sales and technical support, administered from Sausalito, California. Tymphany’s headquarters are based in Taiwan, with manufacturing facilities are located in China, with additional engineering facilities in Shenzhen, China and Taipei, Taiwan.